• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

On the eve of the run in to the seasons end.....

drake

......are the excretians best described as:

a) Disliked

b) Continually Gay

c) Continually Jaxxiee

d) fetishly excretian syndromicals

e) just a bunch of K U N T Z

Serious question.
a b c d and of course E

anth_ecfc

a b c d and of course e
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................boring

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
If that happens, it will have nowt(?) to do with gayness. luck or owt(?) else. ....
......as we Gulls have always said.....you excretians are dirty northern scum !

Last edited:

RobG

I guess this sums up why a lot of people dont want Plymouth to go under.

It is obviously hard for Torquay as they have never and will never have a local derby. If plymouth go then we wont have a derby game, I would hate to be in torquays place where you try your hardest to create derbys out of nothing, would be sad.

I wish them all the best next year as I do with Truro and in the same mindset as I dont want the local teams to get relegated from league one.

At the end of the day, they can keep trying but even if they were five leagues above us, we still wouldnt look at them.

Good luck in the end of season run in, but you are no dif from bristol rovers, yeovil, cheltenham or any other relatively close team we play. There is only one rivalry.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Torquay......the O N L Y Devon team on the UP !
mmmm - try a ECFC reality check Jerky?

1) Five years of sustained success and season-on-season I M P R O V E M E N T & P R O G R E S S

2) Now an established League One club, sitting prettiy in the top half of the division and looking forwards to our THIRD successive season at that level (at least)

3) Amongst many other triumphs in that time, beating Leeds United, stuffling Sheffield Wednesday, doing the DOUBLE over Charlton Athletic.

Yet indeed, I 4-1 am mortified with disappointment at MY club's criminal under-achievements since that magnificent turn-around DOWN at the Morgue all those years ago <titter>

Last edited:

United09

To be honest Devon hasnt got a derby at all, on the scale of many other derbys. Devon is rather boring for such games.

Last edited:

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be honest Devon hasnt got a derby at all, on the scale of many other derbys. Devon is rather boring for such games.
You are probably right really. It does 'get their goat' though when you tell these excretians how often we have beaten them over the years however. Then they shut up a bit, when they realise that they are often beaten by us, then they go back to said goat for a quick shag..............;)

jmgull

I'm bored, I'll bite. There is no rivalry between the Gulls and the Grecians. We see you as our slightly disabled little brothers. Little widdly ground, tiny fanbase, all your affairs are out of your control, you have little history, and even with the fabulous demise of the greens, you remain the smallest club in Devon on size, attendance, reputation and in all other ways. Your youth system creates little, and never has, you train in the middle of a racecourse, could probably never pay a fee for a player, and will spend your entire years bumping between the bottom 2 divisions, and the BSP, which is about where you are, and deserve to be.

It must be frustrating for you that nobody on here bites, thats because there is nothing to bite on. Most of us actually WANT you to be promoted, and that should say it all.

In a answer to your question, none of those. What ECFC are, is, partly owned, and largely influenced by US, progressing young players careers and replacing them with more gems (Benyon went to team going back to the basement, Harley could be playing in the prem next year, Seabourne and Moxy and possibly Sercombe in the Championship) and we are doing a pretty fine job working with what we have.

Most importantly, we stand some genuine chance of being a championship club. If that happens, it will have nowt to do with gayness. luck or owt else. It will be to do with the right amount of risk taking, shrewd business, good management, and the feelgood effect of being, without any question whatsoever, Devons BEST and most successful club.

All that said, good luck in getting promoted, we all want you to, so you can see with your own eyes, home and away that you are a country mile behind us. Apples and Oranges....
Factually inaccurate,Ill informed, ignorant and deluded.

A complete c*ck of the highest order.

United09

I mean none of us don't even live in the same city for it to be a real derby. You just have to compare some of the threads on Argyles forum, where you can hardly find a thread about the game. Compared to on here where it is hard to find a thread not mentioning Argyle, Bit Sad really.

jmgull

jr1871,

Over the last few seasons Exeter's success has been down to the management of the footballing side of the club Tisdale, Perryman and Tagg have performed near miracles.
Off the field you aren't particulary well run, the major shareholder your Trust is always going to struggle to create the funds needed to compete much higher than Lge2.
Take away your player sales and you are spending massively over your income - not a good business model, the saleable assets are already running out.
To suggest Exeter aren't where they are due to a fair slice of luck is to re-write history. You were the lowest performing Devon club for a decade before you reached round 3 of the fa cup and basically won the lottery with an away tie at Man Utd......a 64/1 chance. You had been relegated to the conference in massive debt with a ground that you fleeced the builders for, you were nothing more than Argyle are now, a financial basket case, with even less potential that Argyle currently have.
Without that draw you were looking stuffed, the million quid needed to clear your CVA was there in an instant.......It's of course completely fair to say that you made the most of that luck in recent years but would be nowhere without that luck in the first place.

As for your summing up of the gulls......it's really quite laughable and in a way comforting that you see us as so little threat.
We have actually produced and sold far more young players to the higher divisions than you have over the last 15-20 years, and for far more money too.
Our youth system, so stupidly disbanded by Bateson is now making huge strides again and even after just 2-3 years is beating Ex and Plym on a regular basis - Halpin is already being watched by big clubs and recently scored a hat-trick in his 1st game for Derby reserves, word is there are several more coming through.
We have now bought our own training ground and it's not in the middle of a racecourse......and our new main stand is being built this summer (builders will be paid too;)).
We have a bright young squad and a bright young manager, playing some good stuff, we may or not get promoted but we are definitely on the up and without the help of lucky cup draws, in fact a whole load of unlucky ones considering we've got to the 3rd and 4th round virtually every season for the last 6 or 7 years.
As for never paying a fee for a player......well thats wrong too, of course we cant compete with all the big fees you're errrr......paying?

Be careful about wishing others to be bumping around Lge2 and the BSP - before that lucky draw, that was as good as it got for most of your entire history......

Just keep believing your so many country miles ahead of us......it suits us fine;)