• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
So glad he scored, Villa and Argentina must adore Martinez.
Apparently though he never scores pens that's why Southgate should pick Toney according to Merson

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
So glad he scored, Villa and Argentina must adore Martinez.
me too might be put on penalty duty again and have the chance to show GS what he can do when under pressure

ExeterCraic

Apparently though he never scores pens that's why Southgate should pick Toney according to Merson
Yea, the logic from some pundits and fans is crazy. England have more than enough good pen takers nowadays anyway.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
And hopefully knock Toney out of the picture

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Come on Ollie

denzel

Glenn Murray the latest 'pundit' to say that England should take Toney purely on penalties, even acknowledged that Ollie is the form player.
I can understand saying that Toney is the better player, or would give a different option, but to say we should take a player just on his penalty record is rubbish. It's incredibly negative to base squad selection on the assumption you won't win a game in normal time, and if you are going on penalty misses, isn't Kane the last England player to miss a penalty in a tournament...

Mr Jinx

Toney is the penalty master.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Toney is the penalty master.
Thankfully no longer as black and white as it seemed.

supernova

I am hating this argument by some of the numbskulls about the need to take Toney over Ollie because the former takes a good penalty

OW is the top goal scorer in the prem if you discount penalties. When in recent history would an England manager not take in the squad an English player to a major tournament who was in the top 3 goal scorers in the ‘best league in the world’. Nuts

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately I don’t think England are going to win anything under mr cautious!
England were just a penalty kick away from winning a tournament under Mr Cautious though