• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes I realise it was 33. Initially they said Southgate was going to announce a squad of 30, not sure where he got the extra 3 from.
Still, 7 to go which is probably two 'strikers'. I suspect that Anthony Gordon will be one, I would hope that Grealish is the other, considering how little he has played for Man City lately.
So which one of these two is the striker you're on about? Both of the two you mentioned play wide in a front three primarily on the left although Gordon is capable of playing in any of the three positions up front. Either way, neither of them are direct competition to Ollie.

Fareham Grecian

Yes I realise it was 33. Initially they said Southgate was going to announce a squad of 30, not sure where he got the extra 3 from.
Still, 7 to go which is probably two 'strikers'. I suspect that Anthony Gordon will be one, I would hope that Grealish is the other, considering how little he has played for Man City lately.
Originally the squad was to be provisional 30 reduced to final 23. Now they have allowed final squads to be 26, provisional squad increased to 33 - so still 7 to be culled from final squad.

denzel

So which one of these two is the striker you're on about? Both of the two you mentioned play wide in a front three primarily on the left although Gordon is capable of playing in any of the three positions up front. Either way, neither of them are direct competition to Ollie.
The BBC and others publish the list in three categories with strikers including attacking players like Foden and Bellingham.

That's why I put it in quotes....

grecIAN Harris

The BBC and others publish the list in three categories with strikers including attacking players like Foden and Bellingham.

That's why I put it in quotes....
You're telling me you're not knowledgeable enough to know that Grealish and Gordon aren't direct competition in the first place???🤨

denzel

You're telling me you're not knowledgeable enough to know that Grealish and Gordon aren't direct competition in the first place???🤨
I wouldn't know, I haven't watched a Newcastle game all season

andrew p long

An excellent detailed article on Ollie's numerous achievements, captured in statistics, from the Birmingham Mail's John Townley, written in November.

It's topical though. England have a problem at left back and the article reminds us that Ollie was once before taken on a summer tour. ... as a reserve left back...

Will Gareth Southgate take a leaf out of the Paul Tisdale book...? :)

andrew p long

another award/accolade for the 23-24 season - in the Fans Premier league team of the Year - Ollie,TAA and Cole Palmer plus 8 players from Man City and Arsenal.

Last edited by a moderator:

denzel

Mmmm...

andrew p long

Mmmm...

Good luck with that...

Pobbop

The fact is most teams don't want to buy players over 25, for sell-on purposes, but FFS some strikers now go onto 38, there's no doubt in my mind Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U could all use him, but a number of those clubs won't even consider him because of his age, when if you look at him he could easily last another 7 years. .