• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good article. Not a mention of our contribution anywhere but we can’t expect to keep getting the plaudits I guess.Anyway , well done Ollie.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good article. Not a mention of our contribution anywhere but we can’t expect to keep getting the plaudits I guess.Anyway , well done Ollie.
Two mentions of Weston-Super-Mare, though. The Guardian do seem to prefer to give coverage of Dale Vince's latest publicity stunt rather than ever mention us.

Pobbop

The weird thing is I don't think Ollie is a great finisher, in fact it's almost a weakness, he's got world-class movement, presses brilliantly, gets in great positions, but an average finisher IMHO, if he wasn't I reckon he'd be worth over 100 million in this market

andrew p long

The weird thing is I don't think Ollie is a great finisher, in fact it's almost a weakness, he's got world-class movement, presses brilliantly, gets in great positions, but an average finisher IMHO, if he wasn't I reckon he'd be worth over 100 million in this market
Yes, whisper it quietly, but Ollie wasn't even the top scorer in his school team (that titbit is IIRC in the Me v Him video done when Ollie and MJ were teenagers trying to break into the first team)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I read the piece as implying that he recognises that, and is working on it. Only just coming into his peak at 26.

Banksy

I read the piece as implying that he recognises that, and is working on it. Only just coming into his peak at 26.
And you can bet your bottom dollar that with Ollie’s work ethic he’ll succeed with that target too if he’s set his mind on it.

CWH-NYC_

Seems to have made quite an impact so far today😝

andrew p long

left out of today's England squad for June's games. Boo!

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

More of a Teddy Sherringham than Alan Shearer...

Alistair20000

I think there is something in this and it seems Ollie is working on the shortcoming