• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ollies not going anywhere. He's had a poor season, for whatever reason, so there's unlikely to be bigger clubs than Villa currently sniffing around and he's under contract there and no doubt being paid handsomely so I don't see any move until at least another season has past, if his form picks up.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ollies not going anywhere. He's had a poor season, for whatever reason, so there's unlikely to be bigger clubs than Villa currently sniffing around and he's under contract there and no doubt being paid handsomely so I don't see any move until at least another season has past, if his form picks up.
I think Ollie's having that 'difficult second season' and hasn't really kicked on. That said, I'm not sure he's having a bad season – more often than not, when I watch a Villa game, or read a report, his contribution is talked about in positive terms. To put his form into some kinda context, it's worth considering Ollie has as many goals this season as the £100m Romelu Lukaku, who plays for the World Club champions no less and, according to the pundits on MotD last night, touched the ball once in the first half of Chelski's game at Crystal Palace and only eight times in the entire 90 minutes.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
We don't want Ollie going anywhere until we've got the full extent of the potential add ons from Villa. Another 300k at stake yet, which we get if he stays and Villa stay up this season and next.

DB9

We don't want Ollie going anywhere until we've got the full extent of the potential add ons from Villa. Another 300k at stake yet, which we get if he stays and Villa stay up this season and next.
Yep, Let's think of the money instead of a former player of Exeter City who has given this club so much and also given this club the biggest lifeline in its history! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Ollie's having that 'difficult second season' and hasn't really kicked on. That said, I'm not sure he's having a bad season – more often than not, when I watch a Villa game, or read a report, his contribution is talked about in positive terms. To put his form into some kinda context, it's worth considering Ollie has as many goals this season as the £100m Romelu Lukaku, who plays for the World Club champions no less and, according to the pundits on MotD last night, touched the ball once in the first half of Chelski's game at Crystal Palace and only eight times in the entire 90 minutes.
I wouldn't compare Ollies season to Lakaku, who's (Lakaku) quite literally having the worst season both on and off the field of his career.

Ollies having a bad time on the pitch and isn't playing to his capacity. It is okay to say that and we don't have to defend his every wrong doing or poor form by making excuses.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, Let's think of the money instead of a former player of Exeter City who has given this club so much and also given this club the biggest lifeline in its history! :rolleyes:
Sorry but for us now, the financial benefits are much more important than Watkins career progression. I'd take an extra £300k ahead of him getting a big move which doesn't benefit us at all?

I wish him well but I'm a City fan, not a Watkins fan.

Yes, he is the reason we had a big chunk of money, however we are the reason he got to a good enough level to earn life changing money in the premier league. Both of our backs have been scratched.

DB9

Sorry but for us now, the financial benefits are much more important than Watkins career progression. I'd take an extra £300k ahead of him getting a big move which doesn't benefit us at all?

Yes, he is the reason we had a big chunk of money, however we are the reason he got to a good enough level to earn life changing money in the premier league. Both of our backs have been scratched.
Nope, We'll have to differ on this I'm afraid. I just think always going on about money and using the word "Kerching" is crass to me, But we're all entitled to different opinions.

Colesman Ballz

Continued success for Watkins is important for City. It can only benefit us by further enchancing the reputation of our academy products, and from your mercenary perspective, driving up their value ! :)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Continued success for Watkins is important for City. It can only benefit us by further enchancing the reputation of our academy products, and from your mercenary perspective, driving up their value ! :)
What Watkins does from now on will not have any effect on the value of our future academy products. A players value is based on his own merits, not that of a player who left the club 5 years previously.

older-codger

Whatever happens to Ollie moving, it won't be until the end of the season and provided Villa stay up then we will only have £150,000 left as far as their staying in the premiership is concerned. If he gets a move at a profit for Villa after that then we will be getting a cut of Brentford's add-on that could be as much or possibly more than that.