• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Because he came through our academy, and we were almost solely responsible for his early development, do we not always receive a small percentage of his transfer fees?

Or is my mind playing tricks?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Because he came through our academy, and we were almost solely responsible for his early development, do we not always receive a small percentage of his transfer fees?

Or is my mind playing tricks?
Isn't that the FIFA rule applying only to International transfers ?

andrew p long

Surely we wouldn’t get any more cash if he left Villa? Mind you , hope I’ve missed something and we do.
See posts 6083 (mine) and 6087 above.

Though Ollie isn't leaving Villa anytime soon. They need to keep their number one asset Jack Grealish. Selling their second most valuable player in Watkins would surely hasten Grealish out the door too.

Colesman Ballz

Though Ollie isn't leaving Villa anytime soon. They need to keep their number one asset Jack Grealish. Selling their second most valuable player in Watkins would surely hasten Grealish out the door too.
Barkley has been a disappointment whilst on loan too, and they have stated they don't intend to have him there again next season. That's a shame as in the early games the combination of Grealish and Barkley was creating a lot of opportunity for Ollie.

Banksy

Thank you for explaining that so clearly Andrew. A percentage of a percentage may not be much but every little helps!

Banksy

Barkley has been a disappointment whilst on loan too, and they have stated they don't intend to have him there again next season. That's a shame as in the early games the combination of Grealish and Barkley was creating a lot of opportunity for Ollie.
Yes , I noticed that too in the early Villa games I watched the two did seem to be working well with Ollie. Haven’t followed Ollie (them) so much lately so didn’t realise he’s gone off the boil.

Colesman Ballz

Yes , I noticed that too in the early Villa games I watched the two did seem to be working well with Ollie. Haven’t followed Ollie (them) so much lately so didn’t realise he’s gone off the boil.
Not so much that Ollie has gone off the boil, but dare I say, more like Bowman suffering from lack of service. In those early games Grealish and Barkley drew the attention of the defenders, giving him the space, and providing him with the bullets.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ollie has 14 goals and 3 "assists". He has also been instrumental in many of their other goals by drawing defenders away from the scorer.

Let's see if he can grab a goal tonight at home to Man City.

DB9

Ollie has 14 goals and 3 "assists". He has also been instrumental in many of their other goals by drawing defenders away from the scorer.

Let's see if he can grab a goal tonight at home to Man City.
If your stats are right JW I think he should be proud of that in his first season in the PL, It's such a step up from the EFL, It got him noticed by Southgate and I think he'll only improve but Villa needs a couple of really decent players, They do rely on Grealish to make things happen and you notice when he's not playing.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If your stats are right JW I think he should be proud of that in his first season in the PL, It's such a step up from the EFL, It got him noticed by Southgate and I think he'll only improve but Villa needs a couple of really decent players, They do rely on Grealish to make things happen and you notice when he's not playing.
Aston Villa Top Scorers - BBC Sport