• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Double post

Matt Phillips

Interestingly, it looks like the article has disappeared from the club website... I wonder if this is a case of the wrong information being put up (maybe clarification of what a substitute is), or if we've been given a slap on the wrists from Brentford/Villa for disclosing transfer information?

IndoMike

Interestingly, it looks like the article has disappeared from the club website... I wonder if this is a case of the wrong information being put up (maybe clarification of what a substitute is), or if we've been given a slap on the wrists from Brentford/Villa for disclosing transfer information?
The horse has bolted..

elginCity

A cautionary tale here, how easily fortune can change. Stay lucky, Ollie.

robchave

With that attitude I'd give him a contract and get him working in the Academy.

Spoonz Red E

Intersting paragraph within in terms of our situation with Ajose.

'A trickier opponent has been the astroturf pitches that were commonplace during the winter months. "That has killed me really," he explains. "I cannot play on it with my past injuries, my body is just not able to do that. They are rock hard and with all the operations and the joints, it jars everything. It takes longer to recover and I cannot do it." '

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

'A trickier opponent has been the astroturf pitches that were commonplace during the winter months. "That has killed me really," he explains. "I cannot play on it with my past injuries, my body is just not able to do that. They are rock hard and with all the operations and the joints, it jars everything. It takes longer to recover and I cannot do it." '
There'll be a couple of weeks now that Ajose can train on grass...before it dries out...

IndoMike

So the question remains why sign a player who cannot train on artificial surfaces and then say you're not selecting him because he cannot train on artificial surfaces. If it's true that he has that problem, it's not exactly doing his career much good, apart from the losses City is incurring

andrew p long

Double post
Is that what Ollie keeps hitting for Aston Villa in the Premiership this season?

( the stats show that Ollie has hit the post seven times, at least two more than other player in the top flight and more than 60 teams this season!)

IndoMike

Is that what Ollie keeps hitting for Aston Villa in the Premiership this season?

( the stats show that Ollie has hit the post seven times, at least two more than other player in the top flight and more than 60 teams this season!)
His luck will change sooner or later. Not a bad first season in the PL...👍