• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

wiveygrecian

Pray tell what % you think it could be.
It’s about half a million quid!!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
So approx 500k now plus a potential further windfall over the next 12 months if Brentford gain promotion versus approx 4m now if they don't get promoted and he gets sold.

Tricky one but I'd sooner have the cash windfall now as anything could happen such as poor form, long term injury etc

Boyo

DevonLive reporting that the promotion windfall would be £500k. They also state that the sell-on clause to be 15%.

StudentGrecian

DevonLive saw Benjisheps post and within half an hour publish an article and have come up with a figure of £500k. Whilst it may be about right, I’d always be reluctant to trust numbers from them.
They’ve previously reported 20% as Ollie’s sell on fee, on multiple occasions, but now claim it’s only 15%.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
DevonLive saw Benjisheps post and within half an hour publish an article and have come up with a figure of £500k. Whilst it may be about right, I’d always be reluctant to trust numbers from them.
They’ve previously reported 20% as Ollie’s sell on fee, on multiple occasions, but now claim it’s only 15%.
In that case I'm gonna say 25% sell on and 1m for promotion. If Devon Live copies that then we'll get more..! ;)

GJW

JTs statement only talks about additional benefits if Ollie does well, not Brentford themselves. I don’t see where it alludes to a pay out if they get promoted but Ollie stays. Maybe I have missed it or no one really knows.

benjisheps

500K and 15% sell on is what I was also told.

IndoMike

Come to think of it, the promotion bonus for City seems unlikely. If he stayed at Brentford for 10 years and they didn't get promoted until year 10 we:d get that bonus? I doubt it.
If anything at all it would be for appearances and/or goals.
Anyway, WTF.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Might be best if Brentford win tonight, we get £500k, have a season of giving the youngsters a go, and if Ollie has a pretty good season you're likely looking at a £40m valuation.

IndoMike

Might be best if Brentford win tonight, we get £500k, have a season of giving the youngsters a go, and if Ollie has a pretty good season you're likely looking at a £40m valuation.
Memo : with respect the 500k for promotion is a rumour, not FCAT. We also thought that our cut of a transfer fee was 20%, now people are saying 15% The mate in the pub is not consistent