• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oi BerksBee.

Don't you realise that 114 (or slightly more?) years of never getting closer to tier two than eight in the level below (or, once, many years ago) second in tier two south) makes some of us eminently qualified to understand competitiveness in the Championship! ;)

After all, unlike you, we have spent several years in the PREMIER LEAGUE so we know what we are talking about.
OK - it was the Blue Square variety but, tell me, have you Bees ever aspired to success at that lofty level?
G2K I have to check but I think in the very very dim and distant past Brentford did make the old Division One.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
More than coping he is a shining light. First assist head back from edge of 6 yard box for Maupay to score. Second assist cut in from the left and had shot saved by keeper but Maupay quickly following up to put the ball into the net.
Indeed, he never just looked for the safe way out.

StroudGrecian

More than coping he is a shining light. First assist head back from edge of 6 yard box for Maupay to score. Second assist cut in from the left and had shot saved by keeper but Maupay quickly following up to put the ball into the net.
It was a kwik save from the keeper but Maupay found the netto.

Brentford = Watkin's gateway to the Prem (y)

Spoonz Red E

A lot of funny sayings burying going on in this thread.

LOG

Brentford = Watkin's gateway to the Prem (y)
The next transfer window could be a key market for them.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

IndoMike

These pathetic puns are not woolworthy of Exeweb publication.....

grecIAN Harris

Jas, I hate to be the one to point this out to you but that is the same story from three or four pages back.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Jas, I hate to be the one to point this out to you but that is the same story from three or four pages back.
Ah, OK - I saw a publication time of 8pm last night on the page so only scrolled back to posts to that time. Must have been edited or something.

BerksBee

Yeah, we don't do things differently!

Perhaps you'll listen to one of your ex-coaches, who coached Watkins at Exeter:

Kevin Nicholson@kevnicholson1

Brentford have started the season impressively. One of the youngest teams in the @SkyBetChamp remain unbeaten. A club that do things differently, show faith in young players and believe in playing an attractive style of football to achieve positive results.

From his twitter account.