• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... confirmed by your own twitter site ...
Where so? ...

hienzeECFC

Where so? ...
only think can see is https://twitter.com/NewsFL92/status/886171630338232320

nothing to do with our site though

eurogrecian

Brentford are playing a friendly just down the road from me this afternoon. Maybe I should pop down and ask them..........

How can it be irrelevent to your point when you use those 2 clubs to slate us when they clearly have a different financial set-up, and they can afford those risks. Then you mention a time we did do it with Wheeler, and we did with Mackie and Harley and Matt Taylor. So we do look for them, we also do make some incredibly bad signings as every club in history is wont to do, especially us.
Jesus have I touched a nerve? You have proved my point about being precious and bitter in your 2 posts.

I wasn't 'slating' us at all. Just making an observation which I stand by. I apologise for not going back 10 years to mention Harley, Taylor etc!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only comment from a Matt Hines 'way too low' , and if true he's right and we must be desperate to sell.

hienzeECFC

Only comment from a Matt Hines 'way too low' , and if true he's right and we must be desperate to sell.
that would be me lol

Pobbop

Jesus have I touched a nerve? You have proved my point about being precious and bitter in your 2 posts.

I wasn't 'slating' us at all. Just making an observation which I stand by. I apologise for not going back 10 years to mention Harley, Taylor etc!
Okay, you're the one making the pointless comparison, then when people say we think you are way off the mark, we're being "precious and bitter" and we're the ones over-reacting. The "bitter" thing is very odd, not bitter about anything about City ATM, think it's exciting times. I accept there are teams with more money and resources than us, hence why a comparison is almost "bitter trolling".

Ho-hum.

Anyway, back on topic, the only source I can see from that 1.4M is a Twitter page with 18 followers, the wonderful World of the Interweb. I'm not convinced by some of the OTT sums being quoted here, but I'd be pretty disappointed with that, particularly with the transfer window still open for ages, and plenty of clubs reportedly interested.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Bloody hell I knew our fanbase was over precious but it is incredible how bitter our supporters come across on here.

Brentford are just doing what we should be doing. Setting up a good scouting network, plucking promising players out of nowhere and selling them on. Hopefully Wheeler will show this is possible.

Maybe you all prefer signing injured players with no sell on value but I prefer the way Brentford, Peterborough etc go about it.
My point is only that these guys think that Ollie is all about Brentford and how much they deign to pay, forgetting that other clubs are interested. So in my opinion, in a polite way, they are being a bit condescending, in which case I will defend City, not Brentford.

Banksy

Right on Mike!

IndoMike

It would appear from sources at our club and confirmed by your own twitter site. That a fee has been agreed around £1.4 million. The figure which is near what I had said we would be paying. However although it probably won't be disclosed your club will have a sell on figure of around 20%, maybe a tad more.
That's a good one. Great that you know the transfer fee before anyone else..Can't let you guys take him for that, buddy. A bit cheapskate, innit?