• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
A Brentford chum has messaged me saying he's heard we're hanging on for 4 million. Not sure where he got his info from, he's usually a bit of an "insider".

Y8EES

There's no way Brentford would pay anything like that amount! On past form, I'd expect the top end to be £1.5M with a lot of add-ons up to £5M and around 25% sell-on. That got us an England U-19 defender from Walsall less than a year ago.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's no way Brentford would pay anything like that amount! On past form, I'd expect the top end to be £1.5M with a lot of add-ons up to £5M and around 25% sell-on. That got us an England U-19 defender from Walsall less than a year ago.
Well, don't pay it. You're talking like Brentford is MU. Much bigger clubs than Brentford are interested in Ollie.

Number13

Yep, the Bee I was speaking with yesterday reckons, as per their model, that it'll be 1.5 tops initial but with loads of add ons. I guess it depends how much we think he'll develop and his value grow here and how much there

Y8EES

Well, don't pay it. You're talking like Brentford is MU. Much bigger clubs than Brentford are interested in Ollie.
No, I'm 'talking' that BFC will calculate a precise value for a player and not get into a bidding war. In fact, exactly the opposite of ManUre. If these "bigger" clubs want to make a bid in excess of that, then they're fully welcome; if you can get the numbers on here, you'll have done very well.

Northern Red

Ipswich keen on signing ollie

Grecian Max

Still can't get my head round Brentford having millions to spend. Brentford ffs. Fodder just like us. Will be down in the lower divisions within the next 5 years.

magiccity1

Will be interesting if he plays on Friday..... if he is not in the squad, could presume that a move is imminent....
As Crocks has said it will be very interesting to see what role Watkins will play, if at all in tonight's game

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
If a deal is anywhere close would be sensible imo not to play him, just in case.

Y8EES

Still can't get my head round Brentford having millions to spend. Brentford ffs. Fodder just like us. Will be down in the lower divisions within the next 5 years.
Which is why Brentford don't spend millions without risk assessment! Without boring with lots of details, just look at what we've spent on players and what we've sold for. In very broad terms, there's a profit on player turnover of about £10M per season, with the majority of incoming end-of-contract recruits; the second-youngest squad in the Championship, no-one on their last payday. Even then, the losses are about £10M, funded by the owner, a life-long fan, who has also funded a new stadium, due for completion July 2019, when the sale of other development land, including the present ground, will pay back the majority of his lending for the build, which includes almost 1,000 flats... in London. This is the main component to long-term sustainability.