• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oldham -v- ECFC Official Match day thread

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Absolutely spot on. Couple this with us and him wanting to move on in January and we have a shocking problem up front. Big failure not to bring in another option in January.

Please don't cite covid as an excuse, other teams strengthened loads and it's not like we don't have the £££, we're paying for Taggadilly Circus up behind the away end soon
I do agree that I think we missed an opportunity in January to really strengthen. I know we brought in Jokull, but that was by letting Ward go to Portsmouth. Stubbs was brought in, who I think will be a really good signing, but that was obviously more for next season. We let Nicky Law go and brought in Wilmott, but that sounds like it was really last minute and fell into our laps so to speak. However; we must have missed out on a forward and added to the fact that we had both Williams and Randall out we were, and are still short in attacking areas.

I also think that the stat of us being the highest scorers in the league gets used a bit too much and to some extent is a little flawed due to the fact that 15 goals were scored in 3 games against Tranmere, Colchester and Leyton Orient. In 2021 we have played 17 games and have scored only 19 goals so it has been an issue, especially against the better sides. Again, we also have to take in account that we have been missing our two most dynamic players in Williams and Randall, but ultimately our lack of business in January may let us down.

I still think that in many ways if we are able to hold onto our younger players then this season will be a success as we have managed to integrate so many of them into the team which could be huge moving forward. However; that also depends on how many we are able to keep heading into next season.

I'm bitterly disappointed with the last three results and feel flat right now, but also take heart from Ollie's call up, and how well the U18's played last night.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
this was the first time I'd started a MTD for some while. And it will be a long time before I do so again....

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sound tempting. Could you arrange for Gwyneth Paltrow to rock up at the same time with her "This smells like my vagina" candle ?
No.