• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Old MOTD & Big Match.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Carlisle’s only season in the top flight. They had a good start in 1974/75

Spoke to the goalkeepers daughter at SJP a few seasons ago.

Oldsmobile-88

Swansea had a great season in Division 1, unbelievably they were in with a shout of the League Title at one point, before falling away & finishing 6th.
Their rise up through the divisions was meteoric. Division 4 in 1977/78 to Division 1 in 1981/82.

Oldsmobile-88

The Leeds United group wave to the crowd pre KO. 😁
Iirc, it started at the beginning of that season(1973/74)

haka

I remember City trying something similar, copying Leeds in the 1970s. They gave up pretty quickly, it looked embarrassing and they looked embarrassed!

Just run out and kick in, lads.

Stelios

The Leeds United group wave to the crowd pre KO. 😁
Iirc, it started at the beginning of that season(1973/74)

The cars behind the goal :love:

Stelios

Caught an Ipswich game a while ago. Alan Brazil had a cracking game. I’d always thought he was a striker but he was playing more like a winger?

Oldsmobile-88

The cars behind the goal :love:
A regular occurrence in those days...The Invalid Carriage. Invacar was I think the trade name for them..Iirc there was a workshop near Broadclyst Railway Station that assembled them. I’ve seen a photo of them being loaded onto goods wagons at the sidings there(late 1960s at a guess)

On my first visit to Stamford Bridge for a game in 1972, I was surprised at the amount of cars parked on the track surrounding the pitch.

Colesman Ballz

A regular occurrence in those days...The Invalid Carriage. Invacar was I think the trade name for them..Iirc there was a workshop near Broadclyst Railway Station that assembled them. I’ve seen a photo of them being loaded onto goods wagons at the sidings there(late 1960s at a guess)
The factory was just off the old A30 beyond Clyst Honiton. On the North side, directly facing across to Exeter Airport. There were three hangars on the airfield side, and the factory itself resembled a hangar, which I thought to be a tad incongruous being on the wrong side of the A30 !

Stelios

On my first visit to Stamford Bridge for a game in 1972, I was surprised at the amount of cars parked on the track surrounding the pitch.
Well I never knew that. But it has reminded me of a vague early memory of an elderly neighbour driving into a hedge and overturning her invalid car causing a big commotion in the street (fire engine and ambulance called!) :ROFLMAO:

(that first Leeds goal would never have stood today)

lamrobhero

I remember Invacars being parked adjacent to the pitch at Plainmoor.