• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Official SIEGE Army ultras thread

AndyB

Oh yes. REALLY looking forward to the Orient game. Should be a cracking atmosphere there too. :)

And we need people like TVR to attend as many games a possible, as they certainly help to crank the atmosphere up. :)

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm in.

I also have an A1 printer. Wonder if I could put that to good use with a few posters to dot around SJP (if they would let us). Maybe one as you enter the BB turnstiles.
Yeah, great idea :)

Could you knock one up? Bit busy at the mo, if not will do tho

Grecian Max

Just need people to commit to standing together and making sure we ALL join in with ALL the singing. I think once we have the scarves and some flags it will help to keep things going.
I agree, but I think we need to be a bit more co-ordinated about it.

How about a meet up at the SJP bar before the next game?

Or at Orient at the exiles pub?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?...72811172599238

AndyB

I agree, but I think we need to be a bit more co-ordinated about it.

How about a meet up at the SJP bar before the next game?

Or at Orient at the exiles pub?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?...72811172599238
Yep, very good idea.

Boyo

A massive banner with 'Semper Fidelis'* written across it and the Seige logo would look awesome.

It would also be great if the Trust endorsed this initiative and really pushed it hard.

* http://exeter.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3469 if you don't know the significance of Semper Fidelis.

Grecian Max

It would also be great if the Trust endorsed this initiative and really pushed it hard.
This is something I really want. It would be great to get some trustees onside helping out. We have that culture already at the club, it's a can-do attitude that works :)

Phil Sayers

This post on Pasoti is a useful indicator as to how much Palace put into doing it as well as they do:

"There is going to have to be a lot of dedication. I am very aware of what the Holmesdale Fanatics put into it.

Its not just turning up on the matchday and everything comes together. They have regular "training sessions" in which they get together and reherse new songs. They even practice and choreograph how to clap in different ways. Not just to make noise but for the visual effect too.

Then there are the displays. New themes for matches are regularly introduced. Its not just about turning up in red and blue from the club shop. They produce their own original banners and flags and try to be original for every game. From the outside looking in, it is always good to look out for what is new each week.

When big displays are planned, matchday can begin as early as 8am with the set up so it is all in place by the time the gates are opened. Everything is produced by the group, from materials through to ideas and application. Once the gates open "Workers" are constanly on hand throughout the Holmesdale stand to encourage participation and to give instruction in order to make the visual effect successful.

Being an Ultras group is going to have to be more than just adding green & black scarves and flags to the Vocal strength of the Green Army."

Baby steps for us I guess but I'm fully in favour and will do what I can to help.

Grecian Max

Yes, I read that Phil, which is why I think it needs as many as possible to contribute with various things, whatever that may be.

The more that commit, the more we can do. I am totally up for helping as much as I can, even though my location isn't ideal for this, I am down in Exeter quite a bit.

I've sent some flags quotes across to Tony, hopefully the trust can help us out with the flags (to start two 6ft x 4ft flags and one 10ft x 5ft flag, all on telescopic poles I've asked for)

Last edited:

Grecian_Harry

We need to make sure this keeps going and is fresh for the Scunthorphe game which is a long way away, it may be a worry people let this drop, because we dont have a home game for a while.

Grecian Max

We need to make sure this keeps going and is fresh for the Scunthorphe game which is a long way away, it may be a worry people let this drop, because we dont have a home game for a while.
We won't :), in fact it's a good thing really, as it gives a bit of time, as well as a great away game in London to put some things together (like the drum and the posters/leaflets)