• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Offers for the club - would this ever filter down to members?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think Endicott Sellick might have put in a bid. (One for the oldies there!)

iscalad

£50 :) In three weeks time.
With all the money you've made as a Bookie, I'd Ave thought you could have funded a 20,000 capacity stadium.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anybody play cricket at Countess Wear with Exonian Chris Martin (Coldplay) - think I did but lost his number !
Worth a punt.

denzel

The Trust Constitution mandates that "significant decisions affecting ECFC" require consultation and a ballot of the Membership. Clearly a decision as to whether to sell the Club, would require a referendum of the Trust.

I myself am not adverse to outside investment of a sort, but the devil is in the detail. I certainly dont prescribe to the view that all private ownership is bad, but equally, I like what we have and the sense of ownership our model brings. It would take a lot of persuading, for me to vote to dispense with our model. That said, we may be able to leverage some form of hybrid model. We just need someone who is prepared to invest. If I'm honest, I don't see many people queuing up to take up the opportunity to buy or invest in ECFC. I just don't see us as sn investable proposition for the following reasons:

* our limited assets
* the huge investment needed to advance us to the next level
* our current ownership and set up
* lack of ground development opportunities

For the reasons stated above, I just can't see anyone bring that interested in us. It would be cheaper to buy Notts County and bankroll them to the Championship or higher.
I can't believe that there aren't people interested. Look at the guy who's just taken over Gillingham, what can they offer that we can't? Plenty of investment in non league clubs too, its inconceivable that no one is interested in us

Andy Holloway

I can't believe that there aren't people interested. Look at the guy who's just taken over Gillingham, what can they offer that we can't? Plenty of investment in non league clubs too, its inconceivable that no one is interested in us
Priestfield is in an ideal location for housing development, being very close to London, a station and with housing all around it already.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Priestfield is in an ideal location for housing development, being very close to London, a station and with housing all around it already.
Just rename us as Kunt Grecians them !

denzel

St James Park is ideal for housing development too!

We must be the only club in the country that no one is interested in.....

geoffwp

St James Park is ideal for housing development too!

We must be the only club in the country that no one is interested in.....
Thank fek for that then

Cowshed Grecian

I was stood on the big bank daydreaming in that first half against FGR wondering the same thing. We’ve always had this notion that we are a small club with no money and ahem no fans, and if the trust wasn’t there we would be bankrupt. Hence this was 20 years ago where I thought the fan ownership thing was done to save the club not continue indefinitely forever as a Fan owned club. Part of me thinks that some members would not even gross the idea of outside investment either believing we would go bust or perhaps people have become a acquainted with jobs, running of the club etc…and find it hard to let go.
However the truth be told is we have expanded, sell outs etc. Exeter is the same population as Burnley. Plus a region of 250,000 people in East Devon whom Exeter is their local club. I think there is lots of potential for a potential buyer, great academy that makes money…and an ever growing fan base? For starters…

CWH-NYC_

Army surplus and the odd Iron Cross down Fore St?