• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

*OFF* Charlton Athletic V Exeter City Sat 10th September 2022 Discussion and Prediction thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spot on that. The government have done the right thing .
Agree 100%

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rubbish. This is a matter of national significance - a matter of state. And it's a moral conundrum should footie go ahead?
Would that be disrespectful?
No, the Govt is clearly afraid to upset anyone, so they're passing the buck.
Oh dear.

Lets make our own moral decisions on this.

DJG.ECFC

The EFL are a joke organisation. What sense is there to call off all football after the government have given it the green light? Just lost money myself on travel to Charlton but many would have lost much more on hotels etc, and for what? Far more respectful having a minutes silence and signing god save the queen at the games rather than sitting at home doing f all. Joke decision.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spot on that. The government have done the right thing .
Unfortunately, I'm not sure the same can be said of the EFL.

Mindful that racing was, very much, the Queen's sport, it will be interesting to see if the St Leger meeting goes ahead at Doncaster tomorrow.

If it does then I think the EFL's decision will look even more ill-conceived.

Alistair20000

The EFL are a joke organisation. What sense is there to call off all football after the government have given it the green light? Just lost money myself on travel to Charlton but many would have lost much more on hotels etc, and for what? Far more respectful having a minutes silence and signing god save the queen at the games rather than sitting at home doing f all. Joke decision.
I am generally a supporter of our constitutional monarchy and have the utmost respect and affection for our late Queen. Your proposal for expressing respect is exactly the way I feel about this matter.

IndoMike

Oh dear.

Lets make our own moral decisions on this.
But it's not an individual making a moral decision : it involves many people in many positions and various vested interests.
The Govt is the captain of the ship :it's their decision to make ....

Alistair20000

Mindful that racing was, very much, the Queen's sport, it will be interesting to see if the St Leger meeting goes ahead at Doncaster tomorrow.

I am sure Her Majesty would not have wanted events cancelled. We are going to go all overly mawkish as a nation over this.

Reactions: Egg

Alistair20000

But it's not an individual making a moral decision : it involves many people in many positions and various vested interests.
The Govt is the captain of the ship :it's their decision to make ....
Sorry Indo I don't agree and as you think this Tory government gets everything wrong it is better that they keep out of this one isn't it ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I am sure Her Majesty would not have wanted events cancelled. We are going to go all overly mawkish as a nation over this.
I do worry that is what is about to happen. I'm glad I'm out of the country!

IndoMike

Racing off