• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

October 2019 Points Prediction Thread

Exehausted

Thanks Exehausted , good to hear another view. Still think it would be nice to have a more clinical forward up front to give us an edge in the close games .Who knows , maybe Seymour when he becomes more confident or Ajose when he is fit again? Don’t get me wrong , I appreciate that Bowman is a real trier who makes space for others and I’m not knocking him , just that he doesn’t seem to be a natural goalscorer.
I’m hoping on hope my miserable six points is at least doubled and Bowman gets a hat trick today.UTC !
Yes, it would be nice to have a natural 20+ goal scorer like Jayden was, but they are very hard to come by and when you do the sharks circle immediately. This has happened throughout my 53 seasons watching City. One of the few to stay when in a rich vein of form was your namesake, Alan. I seem to remember he turned down a move to Peterborough (I think), saying that at 32 he wasn't going to uproot his family. This is my hope with Ryan, if he does suddenly start getting 20+. I hope he will take a lot of persuading to leave because him, (and more importantly his partner, who I believe is from Torquay) want to stay in the area. If Ben Seymour starts to get goals on a regular basis like Ollie and Tommy Nic did, I'm sure he'd be off. Even Jay Stansfield has been lured away when he was a long way from a first team spot and so it seems will young Chrisene. I don't blame anyone for bettering themselves, particularly if they are offered silly money, but it is frustrating. As odd as it may sound, we might stand a better chance of creating a great team that can get us up and challenge for a spot in the Championship if we have five or six players who can get 8 or 10 each and stay under the radar. Lets hope so anyway, after 53 seasons I don't know how many more I have left!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am not looking forward to the update.it can wait till after next week.

Alistair20000

UPDATE

With three matches played the position is taking shape.

ELIMINATED

andrew p long
arthur
burtiew
Exehausted
Hants_red
hardi2b
rifraf

4 POINTS

CC
Joshyd123

5 POINTS

Billy The Fish
grecian-near-hell
Greyhound

6 POINTS

Ashford Grecian
Banksy
Jason H
STURTZ

7 POINTS

Grecian_Matt
Grecian-on-Tyne

8 POINTS

Alistair20000
Corey
CREDYGRECIAN
HH12
jimmy
Snoop Fog
StroudGrecian

10 POINTS

Avening Posse
ecfc70
exeter-loyal
grecIANHarris
IndoMike

COMMENT

Tie break certain again with two previous winners Corey and Snoopers still in contention.

Indo will be looking at the bottom name of the 8 pointers with trepidation. :)

arthur

I wasn't looking forward to this update...

grecIAN Harris

I'd be surprised if the ten point gang are still in contention come 10pm on Tuesday.

exeter-loyal

I'd be surprised if the ten point gang are still in contention come 10pm on Tuesday.
We better be!!

IndoMike

We better be!!
Seconded

IndoMike

UPDATE

With three matches played the position is taking shape.

ELIMINATED

andrew p long
arthur
burtiew
Exehausted
Hants_red
hardi2b
rifraf

4 POINTS

CC
Joshyd123

5 POINTS

Billy The Fish
grecian-near-hell
Greyhound

6 POINTS

Ashford Grecian
Banksy
Jason H
STURTZ

7 POINTS

Grecian_Matt
Grecian-on-Tyne

8 POINTS

Alistair20000
Corey
CREDYGRECIAN
HH12
jimmy
Snoop Fog
StroudGrecian

10 POINTS

Avening Posse
ecfc70
exeter-loyal
grecIANHarris
IndoMike

COMMENT

Tie break certain again with two previous winners Corey and Snoopers still in contention.

Indo will be looking at the bottom name of the 8 pointers with trepidation. :)
Bleddy Stroudy. Always wins 😬

IndoMike

Keep the faith 💪

Alistair20000

Bleddy Stroudy. Always wins 😬

Looking at the workings, the Stroudmeister's October campaign may be in some difficulty even if it 8 points rather than the 10 points we want that wins it.