• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Certainly remember his hatrick against us in the FL Cup at White Hart Lane in 1968. We lost 6-3, although we had led 1-0, and again at 2-1.
And we should have been 3-1 up.
I recall Banksy got the ball from a clearance a good five yards inside his own half, ran through and slotted the ball past their keeper.
Only for the (dodgy) officials to rule it offside. :eek:
I defy even our Pate to defend that miscarriage of justice!

DB9

True legend of the game, Alas though had some demons to contend with but always will be remembered for his skill, speed and class, The Saint & Greavie Show was a must watch for me. RIP

DB9

Boycie (John Challis) has died aged 79. RIP

iscalad

Boycie from Only Fools 😢😢

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Certainly remember his hatrick against us in the FL Cup at White Hart Lane in 1968. We lost 6-3, although we had led 1-0, and again at 2-1. Whenever he was put through the middle his pace meant that inevitably the ball ended up in rhe back of our net ! RIP Jimmy.
I was going to ask were any exewebbers at the game. The greatest goalscorer england have produced and my dads favourite player. R.I.P. jimmy greaves.

Oldsmobile-88

Boycie (John Challis) has died aged 79. RIP
I saw that he cancelled a tour recently(about 3 weeks ago) Sad news he was much a major part of Fools & Horses & part of the public’s psyche for that show.

dontpassback

There aren’t many footballers you can really call legendary,but Jimmy greaves was one them ,had his demons and tried to overcome them,he will be remembered with fondness by all football fans RIP jimmy

Banksy

Boycie from Only Fools 😢😢
Funny enough , only just finished watching an episode , the one where he goes on holiday and leaves his massive dog with Del to look after with obvious results.R.i.p

Oldsmobile-88

Certainly remember his hatrick against us in the FL Cup at White Hart Lane in 1968. We lost 6-3, although we had led 1-0, and again at 2-1. Whenever he was put through the middle his pace meant that inevitably the ball ended up in rhe back of our net ! RIP Jimmy.

Rosencrantz

I saw that he cancelled a tour recently(about 3 weeks ago) Sad news he was much a major part of Fools & Horses & part of the public’s psyche for that show.
He was actually due to be at Tiverton CAT this Friday coming before cancelling due to ill health.