• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Peter Lorimer of Leeds and Scotland after a long illness.

:( RIP
So many of that great Leeds team have passed away in recent years, If there's a league in heaven, Peter Lorimer will be playing and Don Revie will be managing that team, I hope they have strong officials up there. RIP Big man.

grecIAN Harris

So many of that great Leeds team have passed away in recent years, If there's a league in heaven, Peter Lorimer will be playing and Don Revie will be managing that team, I hope they have strong officials up there. RIP Big man.
In recent years? It seems more like the last 12-18 months.

haka

If there's a league in heaven, Peter Lorimer will be playing and Don Revie will be managing that team, I hope they have strong officials up there.
I think a game in heaven would be the away leg for Don ... he'd arrange a warm reception at home though.

But Peter Lorimer was a childhood hero for me. Every generation has a player who is synonymous with the powerful shot: it was "doing a Lorimer" for us kids. RIP.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Something else that I find sad in these difficult times is that football fans don't get the opportunity to pay their respects to their heroes in the usual fashion. Ian St John would have had a touching send off from the Liverpool crowd as would Lorimer and big Jack at Elland Road. Such a shame.

Oldsmobile-88

Interesting the mention of Don Revie & his ability to sign young players.Leeds were not one of footballs leading lights in the very early 1960s

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Former Huddersfield, Leicester and Bolton striker Frank Worthington has died at the age of 72.

Tim Long

Former Huddersfield, Leicester and Bolton striker Frank Worthington has died at the age of 72.
Failed a medical at Liverpool due to, IIRC, high blood pressure cause by a vigorous game of Mr Wobbly hides his helmet the previous night. His official biography was called One Hump Or Two.

elginCity

Another maverick and character, Frank Worthington. Another dementia sufferer.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This was a thing of beauty by Frank Worthington

grecIAN Harris

This was a thing of beauty by Frank Worthington

As it says on the twitter post, even the ref applauded. It's one of those goals that pundits would go completely hatstand about today.