• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Gary Rhodes, just 59.

Tim Long

Gary Rhodes, just 59.
According to Independent had his own range of "cooking items and bread mixes". So somewhere out there there may be packets bearing the legend "Gary Rhodes Brown Bread".

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gary Rhodes, just 59.
One of the first modern day "Celebrity Chef" who started appearing on TV regularly in the 90's. RIP

Legohead

Banned
Life makes no sense. I'm sure Gary was a fit and healthy man eating all the right foods and yet dies at 59.

I go to the footy and see vastly overweight fans in their 50s and 60s swilling beer and stuffing pies in their gobs yet they are still with us.

Biology makes no sense. RIP Gary.

Tim Long

Theatre director, actor, writer and all round clever dick, Jonathan Miller. Leaving just Alan Bennett from Beyond The Fringe still with us.

Mr Jinx

Theatre director, actor, writer and all round clever dick, Jonathan Miller. Leaving just Alan Bennett from Beyond The Fringe still with us.
RIP. A fine intellect. One that Spitting Image always went to town on...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Likewise I wonder how Private Eye will treat the news.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
They keep coming today and I'm most sad about this one (although it's not a surprise, he has been terminally ill for years) - Clive James, aged 80.

Rosencrantz

Clive James has passed away. Great writer and always enjoyed his TV shows bringing the worlds weird TV shows to our screens. Particularly the bonkers Japanese game shows.

See above (Jason beat me to it).

Three people who I have much admired all gone today.

Oldsmobile-88

They keep coming today and I'm most sad about this one (although it's not a surprise, he has been terminally ill for years) - Clive James, aged 80.
A great Writer & Broadcaster.