• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nuisance on the matchday threads...

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shirley this is a matter for the Exeweb mods? If we have a perfectly adequate banter base there is no reason whatsoever to introduce matchday banter onto the matchday thread.

The mods can warn such posters, then if transgression continues, ban them.

Sadly a symptom of the modern world, where some people think they can do as they like - and never stop to consider the effect of their actions on others.
Yes i agree they should stick to banter base.

Last edited:

Grecian_in_Plymouth

decent tread ,, and totally agree - EXEWEB MODS -ball in your court.. it's bad when we are losing and worse when we have a Garg in the match day thread upping the Ante.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
ll we can really do at the moment is delete/infract those responsible when we can, but only if the report post function is used correctly.

I've moved this thread to the development forum and hopefully one of the admin will see it and maybe then we can do something about it. Can't really see what though unless we make it priority numbers only or something and that would lock out the culprits, although that would possibly also detract from the real purpose of Exeweb.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be fair Gail, haven't some of the worst (or at least most complained about) "hi-jackings" of the MD Threads recently been down to certain of our own 'cliques' deciding to turn them into their own private person-fights? :S

Also, I would hate to see EW go down what seems to be the IJN/P@sh*tty totalitarian route :(

"DISSENT VILL NOT BE TOLERATED"

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I still think http://tinychat.com/ is an option during matches. Invite only.

Grecian_Jay

Maybe if the mods wern't so busy banning City fans and worrying about PC comments then they might pick up on this. Priorities boys and girls.

StroudGrecian

Maybe if the mods wern't so busy banning City fans and worrying about PC comments then they might pick up on this. Priorities boys and girls.
Unfortunately Jay there are a few City fans who occasionally post comments that are so 'non-PC' that they could get Mr Exeweb into serious trouble. Hence the racist, sexist, homophobic, etc, etc, being much more a priority than a little goading by the scum.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see they are back on the matchday thread again.

I suppose we could all flood pasoti with crap as well.

ecfc01

Get over it, it's just one of those things, you can ignore posters br pressing a button, or just not reading their posts, simples :)

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suppose we could all flood pasoti with crap as well.
How would they tell the difference?