• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Notts County vs Exeter City match day thread

jimmy

The biggest smash and grab I've ever seen in football.

The only other shot in the second half was high and wide from Jay.

Buzzing.

Exehausted

It should be a big crowd for next Saturday. Apparently we need to get 17,505 over the last four home games to have over 100,000 fans in a regular season for the first time in seven years, back when we were in League One.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That almost makes up for Lincoln! The City players worked so hard and absolutely deserved that late winner. So many heroic performances it's hard to know where to start. Troy Brown looked out on his legs after an hour yet somehow made it to full time. Jake Taylor channelled his anger at the referee and played like a man possessed. Matt Jay never stopped running off the ball and was still chasing down the keeper in injury time. Nicky Law didn't have much chance to show off his passing skills but made the most of the ball when he did get it. Kane Wilson and Dean Moxey were both absolutely immense. And Matt Taylor got his tactics absolutely spot on.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Next Saturday will be interesting:

Exeter v Mansfield
FGR v MK
Tranmere v Carlisle

CWH-NYC_

Smart subs from MT all worked out rather well. So a lot of credit on and off the pitch

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well worth the wait. What a move by Wilson
What he do?

IndoMike

Next Saturday will be interesting:

Exeter v Mansfield
FGR v MK
Tranmere v Carlisle
Three home wins

Terryhall

The biggest smash and grab I've ever seen in football.

The only other shot in the second half was high and wide from Jay.

Buzzing.
Yep, almost makes up for when Grimsby did the same thing to us at SJP.... almost!

Only saw the 2nd half on iFollow but tremendous defensive performance, and for Donovan Wilson, if you're only going to have one good touch then make it that one! Great play to set up Law for the goal.

Be interesting to see who starts up top next time out with Bowman suspended...

Buzzing is definitely the right word! Can only imagine how mental it must have been for the fans who travelled, I bet it was worth the trip...!

STURTZ

Wow! Really earnt our last minute winner, we've suffered a few ourselves this season, these things do even out. We'll done to all the boys except El Bowman of course, fancy leaving the team in that position for 70 minutes. Shameful.
On to Mansfield, looking good��

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking at the goal again Donovan Wilson did brilliantly to control the ball not once but twice with what I think were a pair of half-volleys. And how the hell did Nicky Law have the energy left to get in the box and score the winner. Craig Woodman didn't join in the initial goal celebration but did lose control enough to wander into the Notts County area and shake hands with Donovan and hug Nicky Law.