• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

not like it was

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
What was your chosen childrens comic of choice Rae? I used to get The Beano, Dandy, and on a friday if I was lucky, I got Topper. I wasnt all that much into the Eagle Comic, but I'd read it if it came my way. Wasnt there one specifically for girls called surprisingly enough Girls Own?
No, it was just called "Girl" - it was part of a stable which included Eagle, Swift and Robin. I liked the Beazer

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
My new year's resolution will be to not even post on threads where the OP ends with the word "discuss".

Bloody wannabe teachers.

Alistair20000

No, it was just called "Girl" - it was part of a stable which included Eagle, Swift and Robin. I liked the Beazer
Was it the Beezer ?

Here to be pedantic. Was a good read though [y]

LOG

4 or 5 years ago Exeweb was upbeat, interesting, full of contributors with a lot of knowledge present and past about our club.
Today it is depressing,full of contributors with a season or so watching the team,and with very little knowledge of the history and understanding of what a magnificent recent history the club has forged.It is hardly worth reading.
Discuss.
Is this your way of saying that you think that Advent Calendar Quiz is a farce?

Rog H K

Is this your way of saying that you think that Advent Calendar Quiz is a farce?
No it's fine Log. Keep up the good work. OH! you haven't given me the points for todays answer yet. Come on,Chop Chop!

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
I've been watching City on and off since the mid 60's in between dealing with hormonal problems, marriage and family, work, playing footie, surfing, mountain trekking and growing older. We have only had the tinternet for about 3 yrs now so only recently discovered Exeweb. In that time I have realised that it is no good posting on here with hardcore opinions about Exeter City's footballing ability because no matter what you say, someone is always gonna go one better, shaft your opinion and end up calling you a c*nt. For that reason I just enjoy reading what others have to say, post light hearted utter crap myself and learn more about ECFC than you would elsewhere. I would not want to be without the entertainment of Exeweb and I am truly glad that it is probably less boring than it sounds like it was several years ago.

Rog H K

I've been watching City on and off since the mid 60's in between dealing with hormonal problems, marriage and family, work, playing footie, surfing, mountain trekking and growing older. We have only had the tinternet for about 3 yrs now so only recently discovered Exeweb. In that time I have realised that it is no good posting on here with hardcore opinions about Exeter City's footballing ability because no matter what you say, someone is always gonna go one better, shaft your opinion and end up calling you a c*nt. For that reason I just enjoy reading what others have to say, post light hearted utter crap myself and learn more about ECFC than you would elsewhere. I would not want to be without the entertainment of Exeweb and I am truly glad that it is probably less boring than it sounds like it was several years ago.
Back in the 80s 90s 00’s etc. with no mobile phones with their texts or Internet, fans would very often travel in ones, twos, threes to away games at extra cost and inconvenience etc. and end up in strange pubs in ones, twos, threes etc8-|. Modern Tec is great, you can now post on here you have a spare seat in the tractor, spare ticket on a group 4 train saver ticket thingy, spare ticket for the match, then meet up in a decent pub together and have a good day out with exeweb chums[party]exweb is great for this sort of thing.Information is also what people want too, match Off/On, Match Day threads Events, Offers,History,Stories,News.(Quiz's even Log[G]!) exweb is great for this too.
Politics and personal views, this is a different animal. I have many views but tend to keep them to myself unless I've had a bad day! Total agree with you Reggie:)
I would not want to be without the entertainment of Exeweb and I am truly glad that it is probably less boring than it sounds like it was several years ago
Long live the exeweb beast!

citizen33

The present time is indeed a high when set in the wider perspective of the club's history. Although I'm not generally a happy clapper, I think the problem at the moment is our run of injuries and the loss of a few key players because of the economics of a small club. We can still pull clear of trouble, and in our present situation survival would be a very good result.

I like Exeweb and would miss it a lot of it folded, but perhaps some readers feel a bit jaded because we're going through a period with not much real news and quite a bit of squabbling on the board.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
4 or 5 years ago Exeweb was upbeat, interesting, full of contributors with a lot of knowledge present and past about our club.
Today it is depressing,full of contributors with a season or so watching the team,and with very little knowledge of the history and understanding of what a magnificent recent history the club has forged.It is hardly worth reading.
Discuss.
Tend to agree with this in the most part although negative posters have been around for years. It is definitely a very unwelcoming and to an extent cliquey place now. I have spoken to a fair few people in the last week who now refuse to use it due to the abuse that gets levelled at them or the needless squabbling and pedantry.

Red the Paper

Banned
Tend to agree with this in the most part although negative posters have been around for years. It is definitely a very unwelcoming and to an extent cliquey place now. I have spoken to a fair few people in the last week who now refuse to use it due to the abuse that gets levelled at them or the needless squabbling and pedantry.
You must talk to some spineless people then. Maybe they get abused because they spout sh*te.

Those that don't use Exeweb are not missed. F*ck em