• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

North Korea

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some of the anti-US sentiment already on this thread is hilarious.
Something I can never understand. From early 1965 til late 1967 I served as a young 'bum fluffer' soldier with 55 Air Despatch Squadron RCT during the Malaysian-Indonesian confrontation.

The Indonesians received assistance from the usual fly in the ointment, the Soviet Union. The Malaysians had just us and their own embryonic armed forces. The only Americans there were USAF aircrew who were serving in Vietnam and who attended the British run "Jungle Survival School" at RAF Changi.

Apart from air supplying our troops in the field - usually remote airstrips stuck in the middle of the jungle, we also delivered enormous quantities of aid given freely by the U.S. to the many people and tribes dotted around Malaya and Borneo. This aid was labelled, "A gift from the people of the United States of America." It impressed even a young bloke like me.

Chuckles

Saw the documentary. Looked like it was filmed in parts of North Prospect. People scavenging for food dressed in primark seconds and unable to communicate with the outside world. If it was North Prospect I would gladly see it nuked, as for North Korea, it serves China's purpose as a buffer.

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
KJU: I demand a telephone conversation with the American President. But first I demand a telephone.

rofl

lmao

etc

Bittners a Legend

as for North Korea, it serves China's purpose as a buffer.
Absolutely. The reality is that until China feels the need for greater integration with the Western world North Korea will remain propped up by the Chinese.

I doubt very much that the fat, spoilt brat is running the country but rather the veteran military leaders constantly at his side. Indeed a military "coup" of sorts is probably not beyond the realms of possibility.