• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nombe and blackman could be in trouble

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I used to see Danny Bailey and Stuart Storer regularly in that pub half way down Fore St on the left hand side who’s name escapes me back in the day
The Devonport...Eamon Collins was also a regular in there.

Avening Posse

The Devonport...Eamon Collins was also a regular in there.
That’s the one !, is it still a pub?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it's called The Arcade now?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nombe apparently spent the night in Exeter custody, not good news this.
Not sure I would believe what you heard. Logically there is no reason why Nombe alone would be placed in custody for an incident involving many people on both sides

Oldsmobile-88

I believe so, as SRJ mentions it’s had a name change, one of many since those days..Called the Velvet Lounge at one point 🤣
Frank Belbin(Sparks) who left the pub in 1988 after about 20 years would be spinning in his grave at some of the daft name changes.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is the kind of content that keeps bringing me back to Exeweb! 🤣
In that case, I was in John Gandy's once when a clearly intoxicated Nobes stripped down to his boxer shorts [for no obvious reason]. In that era, several of the players used to frequent The New Inn, in Alphington, quite a lot. Probably not a bad idea to choose somewhere a bit off the beaten patch.

Redarrow

A close friend of mine who is a Police Officer said that the aggravating party who initially started the trouble are known to police for previous issues in and around Exeter. he didn't say if anyone was arrested and didn't say if the other party were from Exeter or Plymouth etc.

He was however very wary of information he was giving as we were stood in Tesco at the time but he led me to believe there was more to it, hopefully find out soon.

dontpassback

The truth will out eventually,it always does

S1mg1bb0

In that case, I was in John Gandy's once when a clearly intoxicated Nobes stripped down to his boxer shorts [for no obvious reason]. In that era, several of the players used to frequent The New Inn, in Alphington, quite a lot. Probably not a bad idea to choose somewhere a bit off the beaten patch.
I worked there in that era, there were a great bunch of lads, nobby even had a number 2 in a flower pot outside the pub we passing by in a taxi at 3am lol, dunney duffy, logie, jon o’flynn, nobbsy all regulars on a thursday night in those days

abertom

Whilst I agree, the other videos showing Blackman and Nombe going for multiple blokes are damaging. It was clearly a provoked incident, but brawling and laying out multiple people isn’t a good look, nor would it be much of a defence legally. The club will have to act in some way based on the public nature of the videos. They can’t be drawn into arguing that the bloke probably deserved it, So will have to show that the behaviour in the videos is not acceptable in any circumstance.

The video of Blackman laying out a guy with one punch is the worst. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the EFL get involved.
The EFL or FA don’t get involved in off field incidents like that