• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nichols ssshh ing the crowd

Leyster

After the game yesterday Nichols decided he would come over to the travelling fans and tell them to be quiet.

How on earth is this going to help? How did he not think it would rile the fans up even more like it did to me?

After all the crap we have watched this season, the players should have had way more abuse than they have had and therefore should be coming over appreciating the support and half apologising.

I went to college with a lot of people from Wellington (Where he lives) who were always saying what a **** he was and this didn't half make him look one arrogant pr**k.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That's not what I saw He came over to the away support, alone I think, and applauded us, Tisdale was getting some abuse, but I didn't see him do that. Mind you I didn't hang around too long after the final whistle.

Leyster

That's not what I saw He came over to the away support, alone I think, and applauded us, Tisdale was getting some abuse, but I didn't see him do that. Mind you I didn't hang around too long after the final whistle.
Most of the players kind of come over, he did clap to start with but soon changed to shh ing.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Here we go again. (facepalm) Yet another thread from a far too precious fan whinging about a player reacting to the team getting dogs abuse from the terraces/stands. Do grow a pair.:S

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It sounds like he did do it unfortunately.

I personally didn't see it. But including Leyster, this is now 5 people I have heard from who have said the exact same thing.

Last edited:

Leyster

Here we go again. (facepalm) Yet another thread from a far too precious fan whinging about a player reacting to the team getting dogs abuse from the terraces/stands. Do grow a pair.:S
He (personally) didn't get any abuse. Tisdale and the team as a whole did. Your whinging about me whinging are you not? I, unlike you (i expect) was at the game yesterday and have every right to express my frustration at the ****e our team continue to provide as entertainment. If you want to happy clap our club all the way to the conference south, then thats up to you.

grecIAN Harris

He (personally) didn't get any abuse. Tisdale and the team as a whole did. Your whinging about me whinging are you not? I, unlike you (i expect) was at the game yesterday and have every right to express my frustration at the ****e our team continue to provide as entertainment. If you want to happy clap our club all the way to the conference south, then thats up to you.
Which is exactly what I suggested. Whilst you have a right to voice an opinion, don't get upset when a member of the team voice there's in retort (vocally or otherwise). Whilst you may or may not believe it but the team are exactly that, a team. One gets it in the neck, they all get it in the neck and they all look out for each other. Far too many of you precious souls think that because they are professional footballers, they forego their right to an opinion. Nichols didn't abuse you in any way, shape or form. He merely expressed his opinion that he thought the abuse the team was getting was out of order and to button it.

malcolms

Tell you what Ian, listen to what Chris Hughton had to say about the fans right to have a moan after a less than stellar performance from his Norwich side. This is a man under massive pressure but still able to accept that the fans can vent their frustrations...maybe our players and management are the ones who should grow some and stop acting like prima donnas.....

grecIAN Harris

Tell you what Ian, listen to what Chris Hughton had to say about the fans right to have a moan after a less than stellar performance from his Norwich side. This is a man under massive pressure but still able to accept that the fans can vent their frustrations...maybe our players and management are the ones who should grow some and stop acting like prima donnas.....
Who is saying they can't? All I'm merely saying is don't bleat if the players think otherwise and tell you so. It's the usual case of the fans thinking they can have their cake and eat it.

paperclip

Interestingly, Hughton has just been sacked by Norwich!