• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Two Windows who will Go?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
So the January transfer window has closed and we managed to keep hold of our best players. However, we are a selling club and there is an expectation with the training ground development that we will sell around a million pounds worth of players in the next year or so. This thread can be bookmarked at the end of the January 2023 window and we can see who is closest to guessing which players will be sold in the summer and next January?

For the summer window I'm thinking we will see Josh Key and controversially Sam Stubbs attracting offers we can't refuse
January next year will see a big money move for Sam Nombe

I cant see Matt Jay ever leaving Exeter City :) With regard to Sonny Cox, Alfie Pond and Harry Lee perhaps it's too soon?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
So the January transfer window has closed and we managed to keep hold of our best players. However, we are a selling club and there is an expectation with the training ground development that we will sell around a million pounds worth of players in the next year or so. This thread can be bookmarked at the end of the January 2023 window and we can see who is closest to guessing which players will be sold in the summer and next January?

For the summer window I'm thinking we will see Josh Key and controversially Sam Stubbs attracting offers we can't refuse

I cant see Matt Jay ever leaving Exeter City :) With regard to Sonny Cox, Alfie Pond and Harry Lee perhaps it's too soon?
I don't think there is anything controversial about that suggestion about Stubbs. As he regains his fitness, strength and awareness we will certainly need to get promoted to be able to keep him for any length of time. I wouldn't say he will make the highest heights but he will certainly make a decent Championship centre half.

Pobbop

It all depends if we go up, if we do, we should be able to keep Jay and Diabate, and have more chance with Key.

If not I reckon they'll all go and maybe Stubbs and Hartridge.

Not sure Cox, Lee or Pond have done anything to attract big bids, whatever reckon they'll all stay and hope to break into the first team.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bit early to start the retained list Fred.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Will all depend on what division we are in and who has a strong finish to the season but at this stage I think Key is nailed on to leave in the summer and I hope it's not tempting fate to suggest Diabate could be the other big departure.

fred binneys head

Bit early to start the retained list Fred.
I didn’t.

Pete Martin (CTID)

The one that concerns me most is Cheick. Still very young but he has transitioned from the academy to a regular in the first team with consummate ease and has become a consistent performer in defence.

That cannot have gone unnoticed.

Agent Andy

We have already turned down decent bids , for key , cox and Lee , .
Diabete is sure to be stirring up a lot of interest with his performances.
But unless anyone matches our valuations they ain’t going nowhere 😋

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Key I think will go in the summer. Maybe Jay but Jay is a more niche player.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The one that concerns me most is Cheick. Still very young but he has transitioned from the academy to a regular in the first team with consummate ease and has become a consistent performer in defence.

That cannot have gone unnoticed.
Why is it a concern? If Diabate attracts interest in the summer it will be because he has continued to play well for the rest of the season and if that happens there is a very good chance we will be challenging for promotion.