• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

News Story of the week (a humorous look at the news)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tracy Brabin is to auction off her off the shoulder black dress. Why?! Who the eff wants to buy it?! Anyone who does needs sectioning.
Proceeds to the girl Guides. At £1700 so far.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
That bit about the dress selling like hotcakes in stores. It's absolutely mind boggling the sheep minded nature of some humans. Just because some MP has got some exposure for wearing an off the shoulder dress then people suddenly want to go out and buy one similar. Like I said. Need sectioning.
I really don't care to be honest.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The silly thing is, the discussion as I saw it originally wasn't just about the fact she was inappropriately attired for the HoC, rather that she came across as rather dishevelled and incoherent, some musing that she'd possibly undertaken some refreshment.

IndoMike

The silly thing is, the discussion as I saw it originally wasn't just about the fact she was inappropriately attired for the HoC, rather that she came across as rather dishevelled and incoherent, some musing that she'd possibly undertaken some refreshment.
She wouldn"t be the only one in the HoC.
Dread to mention what goes down in the Lord's, that is if they're awake enough to partake.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
She wouldn"t be the only one in the HoC.
Dread to mention what goes down in the Lord's, that is if they're awake enough to partake.
Indeed - some have speculated that watching the Shadow Foreign Secretary after lunch is at times guaranteed to bring about a laugh or two. One or two on our benches also appear to be a trifle incoherent as the day wears on. I'm not sure if Ian Blackford imbibes or just always looks rosy of cheek.

Legohead

Banned
I really don't care to be honest.
Oh. I see.

IndoMike

Indeed - some have speculated that watching the Shadow Foreign Secretary after lunch is at times guaranteed to bring about a laugh or two. One or two on our benches also appear to be a trifle incoherent as the day wears on. I'm not sure if Ian Blackford imbibes or just always looks rosy of cheek.
Geoffrey Cox always looks like he's been for an early morning constitutional along some windswept cliffs or had several glasses of his preferred tipple

Colesman Ballz

Back in 1988 I was summoned for jury service at Southwark Crown Court. We were all advised that should we desperately need to use the loo, not to suffer in silence but inform the Clerk of the Court, and a short recess would be called. During one case, one chap took advantage of this mid afternoon. The following afternoon he did it again, twice. On his return to court on the second occasion the Judge enquired what he done for lunch, to which he replied that he had visited a pub. The Judge asked him how many drinks he had imbibed. Upon the answer of three pints, the Judge promptly fined him £25 per pint for "Contempt of Court" ! As a pint cost around a quid back then it was an expensive lesson ! Lol.

Legohead

Banned
Proceeds to the girl Guides. At £1700 so far.
Looking at it from a positive angle then yes, this is a really good outcome to the whole thing.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Looks like some Friday Ranters around. Nobody could ever accuse me of that 😉
You really are a bit thick aren't you ? It was posted Tuesday.

Anyway muggins i thought you had put the riff raff on ignore.