• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Signings!!

hienzeECFC

hang on a minute, i may be in for one hell of a whoosh here but........

"A Former member of the Band Blink 182. He and his sisters went onto have a multitude of hits before he changed his profession to a professional Footballer."

Is this true or a wikipedia joke?
i've been done here havn't i?

Rich-THSC-

If Barry Corr stays fit he'll score you goals.

If Barry Corr stayed fit he would, undoubtfully, still be a Swindon player and an important part of the squad.

However, he played 36 games out of a possible 98 matches (1 suspension and I don't recall him ever being dropped.) meant that it just wasn't worth the risk for Swindon.

Last edited:

rifraf

Very pleased - and looks promising. Still see obvious gaps in the starting line-up (NOT complaining) and this maybe loan player slots to be announced very soon. Possibly Troy coming back or A N Other. That, and Fleetwood signing, would make my day. HHmmmmmmmmmmmm

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two brilliant signings, with Goldbourne we have a real replacement for Deano, and a man who can do the job. As for Corr, yes his fitness, in the past has been decidedly dodgy, but as Martin and my bro have said the staff and fitness regimes, they put the players under will get him right. Nelly was apparently told he wouldn't play football, again, and look what happened there. Troy came to us, suffering with cramp on a regular basis, he had not played a game, back to back, and again, Ian Andrews and co, sorted that out.
Duffy, well there's gonna be some competition for Stevie T now, and to be fair, I think it's good that each player should have to fight for their place in the team.
Also, for those of you who STILL want to see Fleets back at SJP, on a more permanent contract, well, unless he is willing to take a massive paycut, I can't see it happening.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
An interesting interview with Golbourne when he first joined Reading as a 17-year old HERE

Rich-THSC-

When he first joined Swindon on loan from Sheffield Wednesday it turned out that he was playing with a cracked vertebrae.

Since then he's had troubles with his shoulder.

Shame really - he was very popular with our fans.

grecIAN Harris

Looks like some good quality signings. Corr obviously fills the space left by Bash (positionally but not like for like). Goldbourne sounds like he has good pedigree with his England youth caps and if Duffy already has 13 international caps for Wales, why is he only here on a trial? Surely if he is good enough to play international football then he is more than competition for Tulls. Or is there some little nasty that needs to be unmasked before Tis makes a decision on him?

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
if Duffy already has 13 international caps for Wales, why is he only here on a trial? Surely if he is good enough to play international football then he is more than competition for Tulls. Or is there some little nasty that needs to be unmasked before Tis makes a decision on him?
A point raised earlier by my good self! I thought maybe an injury problem?

grecIAN Harris

I must admit I hadn't read the entire thread josh but it does make you wonder why a player who, on paper (or cloth, ie caps), is better than Tully needs to have a trial before we decide to sign him.

Fareham Grecian

Two brilliant signings, with Goldbourne we have a real replacement for Deano, and a man who can do the job. As for Corr, yes his fitness, in the past has been decidedly dodgy, but as Martin and my bro have said the staff and fitness regimes, they put the players under will get him right. Nelly was apparently told he wouldn't play football, again, and look what happened there. Troy came to us, suffering with cramp on a regular basis, he had not played a game, back to back, and again, Ian Andrews and co, sorted that out.
Duffy, well there's gonna be some competition for Stevie T now, and to be fair, I think it's good that each player should have to fight for their place in the team.
Also, for those of you who STILL want to see Fleets back at SJP, on a more permanent contract, well, unless he is willing to take a massive paycut, I can't see it happening.
Call me pedantic (chorus of 'you're pedantic') but (a) it's G-O-L-B-O-U-R-N-E (and S-E-A-B-O-R-N-E for our less abled readers) and (b) the point of a comma is to replicate the times in a sentence you might pause to draw breath. Read your work again Shabbashaz, and take 50 lines.

And don't start me on the Oxford comma.