• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Number 10 - Sam Nombe - To Rotherham United

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't disagree with that, I remember thinking wow how have we got these three on the field together v FGR... easily one of the best I've ever seen, such a shame it wasn't for a longer period. Well done Jevani.
Although this is potentially true. I don't think I ever saw them working well as a threesome. Either, one was either injured, off form or otherwise occupied. Even at Plymouth, where Sam and Jay worked so well together, Jev was not available. Sure it would have come together though, one of the reasons I was so sorry to see Jev binned
Top City triumvirate? Beer, Kellow and Robertson,; marvellous!

fred binneys head

Well that goes against everything we’ve heard these last few days
Loads of Barnsley fans have heard that Snoop Fog isn’t Sam Nombe’s mum in the last few days? I love the internet.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Blackpool fans unhappy with their lack of goals, could they start a bidding war for Sam and push the price up!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reading the Barnsley forum they are looking to sign two strikers in Sam and the lad from Wimbledon, this would be on top of them having signed Watters from Cardiff already this close season.

As someone else has pointed out on top of this they already had Andy’s little boy Devante signed on until next year and Scotsman Oli Shaw who Caldwell may well know from his time up there. With Shaw having only signed in January this year and not exactly setting the world alight in Yorkshire. There is also Aaron Iseka who Barnsley have farmed out on loan but wouldn’t be a GC type of player with Duff criticising his fitness.

This would suggest to me that they will need to shift some of their existing players to accommodate two new ones, therefore I wouldn’t be surprised to see player plus cash deal with Cole or Shaw moving in the opposite direction. (RememberAndy Cole made his name in the Westcountry at Bristol City.) Would also mean we have to give less to the Franchise and we would have some cash to buy another Striker like Phillips without having hit our sales proceeds this summer

Grecian Ed

Reading the Barnsley forum they are looking to sign two strikers in Sam and the lad from Wimbledon, this would be on top of them having signed Watters from Cardiff already this close season.

As someone else has pointed out on top of this they already had Andy’s little boy Devante signed on until next year and Scotsman Oli Shaw who Caldwell may well know from his time up there. With Shaw having only signed in January this year and not exactly setting the world alight in Yorkshire. There is also Aaron Iseka who Barnsley have farmed out on loan but wouldn’t be a GC type of player with Duff criticising his fitness.

This would suggest to me that they will need to shift some of their existing players to accommodate two new ones, therefore I wouldn’t be surprised to see player plus cash deal with Cole or Shaw moving in the opposite direction. (RememberAndy Cole made his name in the Westcountry at Bristol City.) Would also mean we have to give less to the Franchise and we would have some cash to buy another Striker like Phillips without having hit our sales proceeds this summer
If you were offering me Cole and money for Nombe, absolutely no brainer. Like you say gives a chance to get a big number 9 in with the remaining budget?

Red Monster

No way Barnsley would let Cole go he’s already joined second top
scorer in L1 with 4goals in 4 games.

Also his wages would be much to steep for us.
But a nice thought.

Grecian Max

Cole is likely to move upwards not in a swap deal with us 😂

jimbo-gould

A team missing it's most creative player has an effect on creating chances for it's main striker.
I 100% agree with you here. My worry is that he needs a specific type/calibre of player behind him to be fully effective, which I’m not sure we do at the moment.

If he were to continue his goal to game ratio from the point Brown left going forward, then that’s not a player I’d look back on and consider rejecting a big amount of money for as a wise decision.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cole is likely to move upwards not in a swap deal with us 😂
There's more chance us signing his dad.

Banksy

That’s depressing then some much need boost for our fan base who can’t wait for him to arrive so this is upsetting news
Are you for real Mr B or just a multi stirring it up?