• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Moderator

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Lucky that Rae isn't a football manager Lez. Those words would be the kiss of death. :D
True.. Maybe missy would like to be rae's right hand man like perryman to Tiz

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Also, I'm puzzled how that particular post found its way into your " pm box" since it was a comment put on the open forum. I rarely pm ANYONE (unless its to as a genuine 1 to 1 enquiry on a particular point or to pass on a pleasantry to someone I know). If its in your pm box its because, for some bizarre reason, you saved it there yourself.
To clear this up, when we infract someone based on a post they have made, they get a copy of the post in question (and any posts it has quoted) along with a PM outlining their infraction. Hence why WMM will have your post in amongst his "infraction" PM.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't got a problem with Rae being a mod, but I do think that its likely that a mod would be influenced by their own personal opinions. its just human nature imo.

I find that Rae is a positive poster which I would imagine is most other people's view as well. The main thing that I find irritating is a lack of meat on the bone in a lot of cases. For instance if there is a thread criticising a Tisdale interview for instance the response would often be that she thought the interview was very good without necessarily saying why. This isn't a trait unique to Rae and I can certainly respect anyone holding a different view but sometimes it comes across as disagreeing with the tone of a thread for the sake of it.
One thing that being a moderator entails is the need to separate personal opinion from the Exeweb guidelines and rules. If we "modded" on the basis of personal opinion, things would get very messy very quickly. Hants and I would probably have banned each other by now purely on the basis of differing political opinion...!

I have seen no evidence so far of Rae being anything other than completely fair and above board, as befits someone whose posting personality (under pressure at times) is very respectful.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
One thing that being a moderator entails is the need to separate personal opinion from the Exeweb guidelines and rules. If we "modded" on the basis of personal opinion, things would get very messy very quickly. Hants and I would probably have banned each other by now purely on the basis of differing political opinion...!

I have seen no evidence so far of Rae being anything other than completely fair and above board, as befits someone whose posting personality (under pressure at times) is very respectful.
Agreed!!!

I think this has shown Missy in a new light to people.. He has made public (on his own accord) the ugliness of his berating of mods who punish him in the shadows of a pm...

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agreed!!!

I think this has shown Missy in a new light to people.. He has made public (on his own accord) the ugliness of his berating of mods who punish him in the shadows of a pm...
Really ???

For me it was the right thing to do.

I have had the odd go at Jason in the past however I have rarely berated the mods during my time here, when I have got infraction points or been banned I have held my hands up and taken it on the chin unless I have felt it to be unreasonable and inconsistent.

I think your comment is pretty poor Lez, I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

Last edited:

geoffwp

For some reason I missed this thread. Probably didn't look down to the bottom of the menu enough. I have to say simian that your posts on this thread are a complete and utter embarrassment to you. I cringed.They point you up as a small minded bigot and not a very pleasant chap at all. You do get rather carried away with it all don't you? Is it that this site happens to be the only thing of any interest or importance in you life? You certainly paint that picture with your rants. Get out a bit more and enjoy some variety in life. I fear you have become far too narrow.

Last edited:

wemissmoxey

For some reason I missed this thread. Probably didn't look down to the bottom of the menu enough. I have to say simian that your posts on this thread are a complete and utter embarrassment to you. I cringed.They point you up as a small minded bigot and not a very pleasant chap at all. You do get rather carried away with it all don't you? Is it that this site happens to be the only thing of any interest or importance in you life? You certainly paint that picture with your rants. Get out a bit more and enjoy some variety in life. I fear you have become far too narrow.
Ha ha, thanks for your concern Geoffrey, I'll take it on board Old Boy.

For the record I've got no problem with my behaviour on this thread, I stand by all over it, I can look myself in the mirror each day and be happy with what I see, I doubt many other people on this thread can say the same.

Kind regards,

WMM

Last edited:

wemissmoxey

Just one query Geoffrey.

You clearly are not very happy with the comments I have made about Rae etc, how are the comments you have made about me any better ??

As far as I'm concerned you can say what you want about me, it really is water off a ducks back however once again it just highlights how two faced you really are.

I suggest you concern yourself with all things Geoffrey as clearly something isn't quite right.

Last edited:

IJN

Same old, same old no matter what the site. There's some ATD type material on here no doubt that.

Rae is fair minded and sensible and an ideal Mod for this site I would say.

Good luck to her and whilst I might not personally like all of the Mods on this site, they always seem to be fair and even handed like most Mods on most sites. It's very simple, that's usually why these people are selected.

Another thing I often notice is the 'anti Mods' are usually the people that know who are the Moderators are, why is that I wonder? Most people don't care a dam who is or isn't. they just want to comment about their football club.

Grecian2K

I can look myself in the mirror each day and be happy with what I see, I doubt many other people on this thread can say the same.
For once I am agreement with you there Missy.

If I looked in the mirror every day and just saw YOU I'd be far from happy.

(PS: Just out of curiosity, how on earth did you manage to get a mirror fitted in your own rectum?)