• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New member of commercial team

dontpassback

I see Chris Bentley,the former chiefs player and commercial chap has joined the commercial team as a consultant,so will this benefit the commercial operation and is it money being well spent ? He has a good track record with the commercial side at sandy park so what do people think ?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see Chris Bentley,the former chiefs player and commercial chap has joined the commercial team as a consultant,so will this benefit the commercial operation and is it money being well spent ? He has a good track record with the commercial side at sandy park so what do people think ?
I'll go for the obvious - time will tell 🙂

Dannyred

Commercial side of the club has been underachieving for years so makes sense to bring someone in to do the job.

DB9

I think anyone joining any commercial team in these Covid conditions have their work cut out, Some might see it as an oppotunity but me i really can't see many businesses parting with money on sponsorship etc, Mr Bentley is going to have his work cut out that's for sure but wish him the all the best in this role. As for money being well spent, we can't keep relying on goodwill of people to volunteer, To move forward we have to bring people in and that costs money and if results are good and they increase ECFC's "Brand" then his wages will be worth it, If not i'd imagine he'd go. When you employ people you can't employ them for free! If we want to be seen as a proffesional organisation then we have to have experienced people is those positions.

Last edited:

IBA

I think anyone joining any commercial team in these Covid conditions have their work cut out, Some might see it as an oppotunity but me i really can't see many businesses parting with money on sponsorship etc, Mr Bentley is going to have his work cut out that's for sure but wish him the all the best in this role. As for money being well spent, we can't keep relying on goodwill of people to volunteer, To move forward we have to bring people in and that costs money and if results are good and they increase ECFC's "Brand" then his wages will be worth it, If not i'd imagine he'd go. When you employ people you can't employ them for free! If we want to be seen as a proffesional organisation then we have to have experienced people is those positions.
Think that Chris will be a great addition to the club.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's the general opinion on Mark Jenkins ?

DB9

Think that Chris will be a great addition to the club.
He's certainly come in at a difficult time, Good luck to him. (y)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I hope there focus includes fans, and not allow to us be put to the back to the benefit of commercial companies.

I'd also like to see more interaction between players and fans (not just young ones).

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd also like to see more interaction between players and fans (not just young ones).
Why ? and how ?

geoffwp

Definitely NOT what I go to games for.