• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nardiello

exile in wales

Can someone whos seen the lad in action let me know what hes like as i was talking to a Blackpool season ticket holder yesterday and he said that up there he just didnt look interested and he wasnt at all impressed by him ,
i thought that he was quite a good signing and am hoping that maybe Div1 is his best standard .

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
He is no doubt a quality player. The apparent problem to me when we signed him was that he appears to be injury prone. (Shades of Basham when we signed him?) I didnt expect with just three games gone that he'd be injured already, and highly unlikely to be fit for saturdays game at Leyton Orient.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
has impressed me in games i have seen. Looks dangerous going forward and is more than capable of scoring more then ten goals this season. My only concern is the injury situation, if he can stay injury free we have a cracking player on our hands

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
looks very positive from what ive seen, just need to keep him fit.

Grecian_Jay

He is no doubt a quality player. The apparent problem to me when we signed him was that he appears to be injury prone. (Shades of Basham when we signed him?) I didnt expect with just three games gone that he'd be injured already, and highly unlikely to be fit for saturdays game at Leyton Orient.
Difference is Nardy is a quality player who will be a very good aquisition for us. Basham on the other hand...

Phil Sayers

Basham was excellent for us whenever fit but his job was different. As an auxillary striker linking midfield and his partner up front I have never seen better in an Exeter shirt so I have absolutely no idea where Grecian Jay is coming from with his implicit criticism. Nardiello though is a goalscorer himself so will be judged (by those who can be fair) on different criteria. Made an excellent start.

DevonSent

Agree about the unfair criticism of Basham - as you state, a fantastic link up player. As has been mentioned on here before, Mackie would have been a poorer player but for Basham's input.
Anyway, back to the thread, have only seen the one game (Rovers) so only seen him for a limited amount of time. He took his goal brilliantly and could easily score 10 goals at least in this league if he stays fit.

since62

in the red &white with Daughter At the Home Of Foo
nards has impressed me and is undoubtedly a class signing!lets hope he keeps fit!

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Danny looks like a great find, a proper goal scorer. With regards to the "uninterested" comment I can see where that's coming from but he looks like the kind of player who can really trouble opposition defences.

Exhibit A) storming into the box and drawing a pen v Col U

Exhibit B) a great header from a cross where it was much easier to miss than score.

I'm excited!

Just let him stay fit!

UTC

PS Basham was quality for us. I despair at some of our fans sometimes.

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Basham was excellent for us whenever fit but his job was different. As an auxillary striker linking midfield and his partner up front I have never seen better in an Exeter shirt so I have absolutely no idea where Grecian Jay is coming from with his implicit criticism. Nardiello though is a goalscorer himself so will be judged (by those who can be fair) on different criteria. Made an excellent start.
Well said Phill, I couldn't agree more.