• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Namesakes

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
I had a part in Star Trek..

mammooman

I have a fort, but that is about it.

Gozzer

I had a part in Star Trek..
Were you the one who had to clear out the tubes after the photon torpedoes were launched? ;)

CC

I found out today that I share my name (Chris Collyer) with one of the founders of the Championship Manager (now Football Manager) series of games to which I have lost large parts of my life at various times over the last 10 years.
I got a little carried away - I only share a surname with the series creators. But is quite an uncommon surname so that's good enough for me!

Ian Sideman

My namesake isn't John Delve, former ECFC footballer. Great player. Miserable bugger.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am in fact a much-loved silver-backed gorilla, from Jersey zoo. Although I prefer contemplative bogie-howking, I also protect wee loons who accidentally fall into my cage

Phil Sayers

I'm not sure which is worse - my actual surname namesake Dorothy Sayers who wrote (from the sound of it) exceedingly sh*t murder mysteries....

...or my near namesake who needs no introduction: :D

ECFC KARL

i do im karl lewis so i have the runner even though its spelt different

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dorothy Sayers who wrote (from the sound of it) exceedingly sh*t murder mysteries
Ahh - but she also penned the best translation of Dante's Divine Comedy into English. As for the murder mysteries...you shouldn't listen to all that Raymond Chandler says - The Nine Tailors is a wonderful book, climaxing (!) with an apocalyptic flood in the mean fens of Norfolk (as opposed to carnage on the mean streets of LA) :)

Phil Sayers

I stand corrected!