• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

My New Football Club Podcast

Agree, gave up on it, found David earl pretty irritating. Big bank theory is the superior Exeter city related podcast…top work gents
The two are completely different beasts - My New Football Club is an Exeter City podcast in name only really, more a vehicle for the hosts celebrity mates. Not a criticism, just an observation.
Jon and Dan do a great job on The Big Bank Theory - perfect balance of insight, knowledge and humour. If you can’t get to the games it’s pretty essential listening. Gets my vote 👍.

Totally agree and the QOTPOD (A question of Trust-Football Podcast-Exeter : Alistair Yates) is also a brilliant listen in particular Episode 5 with Sean Devine. Every City fan should listen to this and his memories of our 0-0 draw in the FA Cup away at Old Trafford and the replay with Scott nut megging Ronaldo.
The team would just like to say thanks, Al Yates/Mick and the researchers appreciate the kind words! Dont miss episode 2 with Sean next week.

Coppers

The team would just like to say thanks, Al Yates/Mick and the researchers appreciate the kind words! Dont miss episode 2 with Sean next week.
Gary Peters was the name you were looking for 😜 Good show 👌👍

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
@Jim Dale, I really enjoyed the latest episode!

Jim Dale

@Jim Dale, I really enjoyed the latest episode!
Thanks- that’s really kind! It was fun to do. Dave and Jon are lovely fellas 👍

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loved the latest episode with James Vickery, other than the 10 minute chat about that game

#StillFuming

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Enjoyed the latest transfer speculation episode, even though most of the options suggested were ridiculously optimistic - David McGoldrick? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 We could just about afford his left leg.

Still an entertaining pod though, I’m a huge fan of David Earl’s TV work and I like his presenting on the pod, him and Jon complement each other well.

And I’m with him on not wanting any Argyle players at City. That includes Hourihane, who is another player we’d never be able to afford.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Enjoyed the latest transfer speculation episode, even though most of the options suggested were ridiculously optimistic - David McGoldrick? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 We could just about afford his left leg.

Still an entertaining pod though, I’m a huge fan of David Earl’s TV work and I like his presenting on the pod, him and Jon complement each other well.
Agree with this. I still really enjoy the pod, David is brilliant.

Jon works well with the pod, I enjoy his enthusiasm and his (in my opinion, massively unrealistic) views on where the club can go in the coming seasons. He said in a recent pod (possibly the same one) that we could survive in the Championship because rather than sell our academy players we keep them... errrrr, so how will we fund this?

Not given QOTPOD a go, but TBBT is always excellent. Perfect fit for the commute home too.

I do really like MNFC but I think it is at it's best when focussed on being a lower league fan in general rather than specifically about ECFC. An odd thing for a City fan to say, I know. They've had some great guests on, really interesting to hear about their life as a football fan. Fair play to Jon Beer, he holds his own well given the company.

There is also Greciancast, which seems to take itself very seriously. Good to hear different viewpoints but I've not listened to more than a few episodes.
That is a shame episodes covering other fans teams, some real greats from yesterday year, FACUP run 1980-81 is a favourite of ours. Fans perspective from various fans and not forgetting interviews with former managers and a former Chair of the club. There is still the summer and judging by the views, all episodes stay in date. We are interviewing another gem tonight.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've listened to all the podcasts that have been mentioned. They all offer something different. I do like qotpod. I enjoyed the interviews with Danny Bailey and Kevin Miller.