• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

music quiz redux

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shakatack?

MikeGrecian

Shakatack?
Crikey not a band you hear mentioned very often..been going around the charity shops???:D

Swanaldo

Crikey not a band you hear mentioned very often..been going around the charity shops???:D
I must have browsed through millions of records in hundreds of shops in dozens of cities over the years. Fat Tones in Tiverton was brilliant, you could have a cup of tea and a smoke and spend all day in there.

MikeGrecian

Yep not many record shops at all left anymore let alone the little independant ones,there's one in Barnstaple totally chocka with all sorts all for around £5 and is the way that record shops should be,normally burning incense sticks and listening to Ozric Tentacles when you go in there;)

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nobody right so far and Mike, there isn't too much wrong with the Television Personalities.

Anyway, where IS Bill Grundy now? That is not a clue or a supplementary question. I think he may be deceased.

MikeGrecian

Nobody right so far and Mike, there isn't too much wrong with the Television Personalities.

Anyway, where IS Bill Grundy now? That is not a clue or a supplementary question. I think he may be deceased.
Matter of opinion

Bill Grundy snuffed it several years ago.

Grumpy Grecian

exeweb.com friend
I'll go for one of The Pop Group, Cabaret Voltaire or Throbbing Gristle. I think the first two were on Rough Trade at some time although not sure about t'Gristle.

All had records that were fairly 'unlistenable' over a considerable period of time if I recall, however that didn't stop me from having some PG and CV 'songs'.

But in mitigation it was a long time ago and I was very young.

GG

Alistair20000

I'll go for one of The Pop Group, Cabaret Voltaire or Throbbing Gristle. I think the first two were on Rough Trade at some time although not sure about t'Gristle.

All had records that were fairly 'unlistenable' over a considerable period of time if I recall, however that didn't stop me from having some PG and CV 'songs'.

But in mitigation it was a long time ago and I was very young.

GG
I reckon you may be right on Cabaret Voltaire Grumpy One.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Grumpy has given me three options, one of which is right. I think it is time for him to narrow his options...

Swanaldo

The Pop Group?