• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

music quiz redux

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
A good answer Al but, as far as I know, no 'live forever' in a Kraftwerk song - although they do charge their batteries in 'We are the robots'.

Terryhall

Motorhead, Queen, Kraftwerk, Oasis

Connection?
I really thought Live Forever was right. Even knowing that the Motorhead track is Ace of Spades, I'm struggling to tie that back to anything related to Queen or Oasis (my Kraftwerk knowledge is close to zero.)

Spoonz Red E

I think this question is proving a little bit harder than I thought it would be.
Al's answer was very good but the right one would be a corker.

Terryhall

I suspect that may be clueage, but all it leads me to is an obscure Oasis B-side which doesn't seem to help. But I'll keep thinking...

StroudGrecian

Motorhead, Queen, Kraftwerk, Oasis

Connection?
Motorhead > Ace of Spades - ????

Queen > Killer Queen - 'She keeps a Moet et Chandon...'

Kraftwerk > the Model > 'She's going out tonight, loves drinking just champagne..'

Oasis > Champagne Supernova

Can't see a champagne connection for Lemmy & co...? Unless there is a Champagne called the Ace of Spades?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

Kraftwerk > the Model > 'She's going out tonight, loves drinking just champagne..'

Can't see a champagne connection for Lemmy & co...? Unless there is a Champagne called the Ace of Spades?
Bingo!

Bingo again, due to 10 character thingy.

Terryhall

Apparently there is - http://www.decanter.com/wine-reviews-tastings/jay-z-champagne-ace-of-spades-347019/

Excellent work. (clap)

Spoonz Red E

You've got it Stroudy.

I'd started with the idea of another Lemmy related question, found out Ace of Spades was a champagne and then we had our own champagne moment at Doncaster ....

Alistair20000

Nearly choked on my early evening cup of the old chai when I Googled to check out the Ace of Spades champagne. :eek:

Stroudy is clearly earning far too much money if he can afford to quaff that particular brand and we need some Corbyn punitive taxes levied on him. :)

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

Today's teaser: Add Al's year to an English Gary to discover this English-born singer songwriter.

Last edited: