• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Most overrated football players (still playing)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd actually go with Messi himself. People rate him over Ronaldo but how many times have you seen him carry a side like Ronnie has done time and again on the international stage. When that pressure is on him he wilts whereas Ronnie rises to the occasion and drags Portugal through kicking and screaming.
Not sure you understand this thread Harris.

Remind me, what is Messi's record ?

As far as I know it's fooking insane !!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ross Barkley.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Neymar, Sorry I just don't get him, Everyone lauds about him but I've seen nothing in the Messi level about him
I agree with you, he's not a patch on the top two, he also strikes me as a complete and utter t0$$er.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Serge Aurier

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hiram Boateng (by many ECFC fans).

Rosencrantz

Serge Aurier
Don't they need to be rated in the first place to be overrated 🤔

Dejan Lovren, overrated by himself.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Christian Eriksen.

grecIAN Harris

Not sure you understand this thread Harris.

Remind me, what is Messi's record ?

As far as I know it's fooking insane !!
I'm not sure you understand the levels I'm drawing between the two. Messi always seems to be rated that bit higher than Ronaldo yet when the chips are down on the international stage Messi folds like a pack of cards. It's easy to perform when you've got a great supporting cast as both players do at Barca, Madrid and now Juve and you have that week in, week out but when you go to your national sides and they're not as good as your club sides and you're the one the rest of squad look to, Ronaldo is the one who stands strong whilst Messi us found wanting.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fook me one player in the world is perhaps better than him, that doesn't mean he's overrated, a lot of people prefer Ronaldo to Messi including me however Messi is up there with the very best to have played the game.

According to wiki Messi has 421 goals in 456 games for Barcelona, that is an unbelievable record.

grecIAN Harris

When you have high expectations and standards, it's the finer details that matter.