• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Morecambe v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just to make a bad day worse, Gordon Sparkes tells us the Muff penalty award was dodgy. Brenda Malone again.

Grecian Max

But 10 from 4 would have been better and maybe added a few onto the gate this Saturday.
I doubt it would added much, and I've seen City have a storming first third of the season before only to stutter. We'll be in around the play offs all year again, that's fine with me

denzil

I doubt it would added much, and I've seen City have a storming first third of the season before only to stutter. We'll be in around the play offs all year again, that's fine with me
Let's just get to 50 points asap and then kick on.................

fred binneys head

still in the play offs is the best I can take from this. need three points now against York. will be good if we can be good at home this season, but galling that with largely the same players as last season we seem to have been poor upfront in the two aways. we should be able to adopt last years away formation and gain a reasonable away record while using a different set of tactics at home to do well in those matches. appreciate it isn't always simple but frustrating that we start to look a bit better at home and don't match it with away performances like last season.
Last year we won away with the gow and cureton show. This year gow isn't match fit and we don't have cureton. It will get better.

AndrewP

Didn't go, glad I didn't go..still on hols but followed on bbc feed (not our own twitter feed as it annoys me almost commenting on interesting flora and forna every flippin game)....i predicted before kick off that after last week, with all the plaudits the mid field partnership of Oakley and Grimes gained, that Tisdale would change it and we'd loose...and so it came to pass. The man over analyses the simplest of things and, frankly, is not as clever as some give him credit for being. Disapointing to loose this to say the least.

STURTZ

Disappointed but wouldn't say that, had Grimes played we would have won, coz that's a ridiculous comment.

Tisdale may well have got the team right but half chances were missed, players delayed shooting or opted out of putting in an effort and the game drifted away from us. One thing I note with Wheeler is that he tires second half and if we haven't scored by half time it's worth changing our game plan.

AndrewP

Not suggesting for one moment that a result was a certainty had the starting 11 remained, However I grow increasingly frustrated that we have a good game, and rather than go with consistency, Things get changed...and we lose the next one....It baffles me...

grecianboyy

WHY IS BENNETT STILL PLAYING FIRST TEAM,I MEAN FAIR ENOUGH WE HAVE LITTLE DEFENSIVE COVER SO HE WENT CB TO FILL THE VOID BUT SURELY THERE ARE BETTER OPTIONS IN THE YOUTH SQUAD THAN HIM !-Rant over :p

Last edited:

a walk on the prom

You were tonked get over it.we never loose at wembley.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
.we never loose at wembley.
Translation please...