• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

moan!

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
OK - I headed to the park today after a work day out. I arrived about 4.30 to be told i could not get into the shop, bar or red square from any entrance.
I was going into the shop then to get some drinks on for my friends who had managed to get the game. I had to stand outside any of the gates until the final whistle before they were opened to gain entry. What is that about?? If you were in the spot pre match and was intending to watch sky sports through the afternoon would you have been thrown out?
You can open the bars at half time but not 15 mins before the end of the game:S. I just dont get the logic I'm afraid. The staff are being paid but not serving for 1.5 hours - hmmm, lost revenue me thinks.

Normally I would be in the ground but not today - it just amazes me that any of the gates to enter the bars, shop etc are not open till 4 45 ( or later today). If you were not attending the game and wanted to purchase anything from the club shop - tough sh*te!!!

If this had been advertised ( apologise if it has and I have not seen it), then fair enough but still dont understand the logic tbh - it was never a prob in L2!
Rant over - sorry

Last edited:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe this is because FlyBe people are now being allowed to go out to Red Square and bar during the match. They are closed from the outside to prevent people from going into Red Square then entering the ground without paying.

first post

Its actually to do with an FA requirement regarding drinking.

Also people were allowed from the flybe stand to the red square at half time. This is why the gates where closed as the red square had to become a part of the ground in order for people to be able to re enter the flybe to watch the second half. Also the opening and closing of the bars is to do with rules laid down by the FA.

Hope this helps you to understand..

ECFC Nursey!

ok thats fine - just notice of the change would have been nice - i realised that you could go for a drink at half time if in the flybe but did not realise if you were not in the flybe you would be discriminated against.

I wouldn't leave the ground at half time either way but I find it weird you cant go to parts of the ground to purchase goods, catch up on scores or have a beer with mates if you are not watching the game.

As i said i would normally be in the ground but i know others that may not and may want to have a drink/ buy stuff while the game is on.

It was like fort knox today when i got there, I just think there may be some lost revenue .

grecianite

It was like fort knox today when i got there, I just think there may be some lost revenue .
I'd have thought that there would be more revenue to be gained than lost with the current set-up.

Compare what was taken at half time today, compared to what would have been taken by maybe 10 or so people in the Spot when the game was on.

Appreciate it's going to be annoying for the minority, but think it's a positive step by the club, (even if I am on the bank and cannot have a beer :()

Last edited:

Bittners a Legend

i realised that you could go for a drink at half time if in the flybe but did not realise if you were not in the flybe you would be discriminated against.
I'd hardy call it discrimination ...

cityno1ledgend

good idea by the club to open the red square at half time:)

ECFC Nursey!

the point I am making is that it would have been a good idea to let the changes to the accesability to the shop, car park and bar be known, thats all. I do still think that it will lose some revenue for the club but as long as everyone is aware of the changes, then thats ok.
I know you can never please everyone but there were at least 3 others that arrived after me today that were also a tad bemused by the situation. Communication is the key! As i said I may have missed it

ECFC Nursey!

I'd hardy call it discrimination ...
hmm why??? So in order to exit the ground at half time you have to be in the flybe?? So why is that not discrimination? Pay £16 and you can get out at half time and re enter the ground - pay £13 and you cant.

Bittners a Legend

hmm why??? So in order to exit the ground at half time you have to be in the flybe?? So why is that not discrimination? Pay £16 and you can get out at half time and re enter the ground - pay £13 and you cant.
Perhaps those in the flybe might feel that it was discrimination towards them that they would be paying £3 more than those in the BB without the added advantage of being able to exit the ground ...

... it's not discrimination it is just the way it is.

Jeez if you think you've been discriminated against I'd hate to see how you would have dealt with real discrimination, such as being black in apartheid South Africa ...