• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MK Dons Vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

flakey pasty

I'm surprised that no one's mentioned on this thread that Tis gestured to their keeper that he (ie the keeper) was a w*nker.
A rare show of emotion from the Great Man.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sadly, possession means nothing. I even think that teams are letting us have the ball knowing we aren't going to do anything with it. Someone needs to step up and put the final ball in, we also need midfielders piling into the box earlier to give options. Logie looked to be sulking because the ball wasn't given to him to feet. What's galling is getting back and watching the GAWS' goals on the FLS. Route one, but at the end of the day they won. How about, just once or twice in a game, we try the same? Also, too many short corners, the one in injury time was crying out to be lumped into the box for Logie to head or O'Fynn to flick on. But it went back to Harley, and nothing came of it.

Did we deserve to lose? No. But did we do enough to win? No to that either.

I know we have won more than we have lost this season, sadly I haven't seen us win yet, soi this is based on my (admittedly jinxed!) viewpoint

Last edited:

Ian Tarr

Sadly, possession means nothing. I even think that teams are letting us have the ball knowing we aren't going to do anything with it.
That's very easy to write after a match when we haven't scored.

The FACT is though that -- even after our scoreless performance at MK -- there are only six teams who have scored more goals in League One this season, so I think that completely invalidates your point.

elginCity

Yes, we were very tidy and composed but overplayed it too often. Loads of possession but too static at times with very little running off the ball or imagination. Both O'Flynn and Logie struggled to make an impression against a physical back line and became frustrated.

Noble and Harley worked much better together than I've seen them to date, but we did miss Dunne's energy. Tully and Golbourne put in good shifts working the flanks but MK always seemed to have plenty behind the ball, they played as if they were away.

Duffy had an excellent match, clearing up and steadying the ship many times. Rob Edwards was sound as was BJ.

Disappointing in a way as we had enough about us to win this one, but the whole team (and management) gave their all and the attitude and commitment was top drawer so little complaint from me.

Mark my words, feeling in the water, we shall win at Brighton. Wait and see. :D

PS Was there really 8,000 in that ground??!!

Oli

The FACT is though that -- even after our scoreless performance at MK -- there are only six teams who have scored more goals in League One this season, so I think that completely invalidates your point.
How about away from home?

Ian Tarr

How about away from home?
Nine teams have scored more. And?

Oli

Nine teams have scored more. And?
Just curious really. I don't agree with Denzel - but I do think in the away games that I have seen that we have been toothless, when compared with the home games I have seen.

Cravat

IMHO James Dunne should play every game that he is fit for. The kid is like a Duracel battery.

denzel

Not really, I did say that I haven't seen us win yet, having been mainly to away matches. Of course I'm not unhappy with where we are, but it would be nice to see us win, and IMO we didn't do enough to win at Orient, Dagenham, Walsall or yesterday, none of which looked particularly good teams. Do you think we did enough to WIN that game?

Ian Tarr

Do you think we did enough to WIN that game?
I couldn't possibly comment because, being a Sarfender, I wasn't there.

I was at Walsall, though, where our general performance was very good, and it sounds like a similar performance to that, but without the crazy 10 minutes.

If we keep playing well away, though, I'm sure we'll get a lot more rewards on the road this season than we did last. It's just that in a tight league nobody can ever be sure of beating anybody else.

What makes me optimistic, though, is that we have always seen Tisdale teams grow stronger as the season progresses. And given that we are a whole three points off second place, well, you work it out. ;)

Last edited: