• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MK Dons Vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Tis brought on Jake Thompson for last 10 mins or so to play on right. We were not getting much in the way of good crosses from the left via Scot G. For some reason too many City players were ignoring the fact that Jake was there and with loads of space. On one or two occasions when the ball did get to him, we had some dangerous looking crosses. I got a bit angry and shouted myself hoarse at the lack of play towards Jake. If he comes on...use him.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
For some reason too many City players were ignoring the fact that Jake was there and with loads of space. On one or two occasions when the ball did get to him, we had some dangerous looking crosses. I got a bit angry and shouted myself hoarse at the lack of play towards Jake. If he comes on...use him.
Totally agree Reggie. Every time Jake plays it's the same and I don't really understand why as he has so much pace - something we have lacked for ages. The classic example was at Yeovil in the JPT where he was ignored for a lot of the time. When he did get the ball he put in the pass for Cureton's second.

ecfctis

Yes and some of it is quite pathetic tbh. We were by far the better team today but just didn't have the rub of the green. Our play was mostly bloody good but we just couldn't do the business (though I am convinced our "goal" wasn't offside). I suspect Stadium MK is going to be another bogey ground for us and in many ways the game reminded me of Bristol Rovers away last season - total domination but no points.

A win on Saturday will take us back up the table at least by as much as we fell today. Most teams in our league are blowing hot and cold this season. Tenth and 3 points off 2nd place after a defeat ain't bad in my book.
Of course there's disappointment at yet again being the better team, more possession, more chances, but no points. Just not good enough. Simple.
And the team and club will suffer for it in the longer term.

Antony Moxey

I'm sure, like the rest of our defeats away from home this season, that we acquitted ourselves well and were robbed despite dominating play. Hopefully when we visit Brighton it won't be four away defeats on the bounce, but with further travels to Huddersfield, Oldham, Plymouth, Carlisle and Southampton it's hard to see where the next point is coming from.

Thank goodness we seem to be pretty solid at home.

ecfctis

Tis brought on Jake Thompson for last 10 mins or so to play on right. We were not getting much in the way of good crosses from the left via Scot G. For some reason too many City players were ignoring the fact that Jake was there and with loads of space. On one or two occasions when the ball did get to him, we had some dangerous looking crosses. I got a bit angry and shouted myself hoarse at the lack of play towards Jake. If he comes on...use him.
AH, but is he one of the 'click' yet, does'nt seem like it!

Phil Sayers

AH, but is he one of the 'click' yet, does'nt seem like it!
I'm not sure whether to comment on the truly ghastly abuse of the English language that constitutes the steady replacement of 'clique' with 'click' or the fact that you don't appear to have any evidence for the existence of such a thing save a player not featuring as much as you would like him to.

scottus86

Well I just got in, I think as has been said we were robbed today, the MK stadium was very nice, but also very empty, seemed as if our fans made the most noise all afternoon, some pretty good songs I liked the "we own our football club" closely follwed by "you stole your football club". As for the game a massive shame we didn't get anything from it, I really want to see our goal on TV as even though I was up the other end offside didn't even enter my mind, as for their goal, I think our defense just fell asleep. We made the better oppertunities and deserved something from the game, but how anyone can say MK Dons played fairly needs their head looking at, I don't think I've seen a team so annoying in my life. Running the clock down, throwing sneaky jabs at our players, falling on the floor for little or nothing and not to mention fully lashing out in front of the ref only to get yellow cards. I had a good time though we were the better team, it was a good atmosphere at our end, I barely heard the MK sing just a shame we lost.

ecfctis

I'm not sure whether to comment on the truly ghastly abuse of the English language that constitutes the steady replacement of 'clique' with 'click' or the fact that you don't appear to have any evidence for the existence of such a thing save a player not featuring as much as you would like him to.
Ok, apologies for the slip of the quick keys. Of course I do not have any evidence, but it most certainly goes on in football, or have you not played the game to any level.

ecfctis

I'm just waiting for the 'bad day at the office' comment from our management team - pathetic.

Phil Sayers

I am sure it does go on and the only competitive football I have ever played is in a Truro 5 a side league - the standard is sh*te and I am worse. However I don't see the point of totally unsubstantiated speculation; if you could show me that some players are going to be left of the invite list for the Christmas party I would give it more consideration.