• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MJ

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think MJ would be a solid addition in the Aitchison/Harris area, behind the striker. I don't know what's gone on at Colchester but I know his technical ability is sound, I saw it in front of my eyes for a long time. Immediate starter? Probably not. But squad player willing to fight his way back in and knowing what the club is about etc...absolutely
With a manager who got rid of him as soon as he could

If GC had changed his mind it would be a huge u-turn and off the back of a poor time at Col U as well

Redarrow

MJ was in League two team of the year the year before he left and started the next season well for us, the club wanted to cash in on him which is why he went in January and not at the end of the season for free when his contract expired.

It’s quite simple….GC wanted MJ around but knew when he started the role that MJ was off in Jan, which is why he wasn’t played as much because GC wanted to put his time into the players who he would still have for the whole season. GC was forced to sell for money rather than MJ going on a free, this is a fact so now with players leaving the club and MJ being out of favour at Colchester and wanting to come home the deal is very close to bring him home on a 1 year deal.

simcity

MJ was in League two team of the year the year before he left and started the next season well for us, the club wanted to cash in on him which is why he went in January and not at the end of the season for free when his contract expired.

It’s quite simple….GC wanted MJ around but knew when he started the role that MJ was off in Jan, which is why he wasn’t played as much because GC wanted to put his time into the players who he would still have for the whole season. GC was forced to sell for money rather than MJ going on a free, this is a fact so now with players leaving the club and MJ being out of favour at Colchester and wanting to come home the deal is very close to bring him home on a 1 year deal.
I just don't believe a single word of this post.

Firstly GC was not concerned with people leaving on frees at the end of last season, we let numerous contracts run down and have done the same again this season with the likes of Kite & Hartridge being out of contract now.

There were rumours that MT wanted to let MJ leave during the summer in 2022 and when GC came into the club MJ hardly got on the pitch as I think he quickly worked out MJ wasn't up to L1 football and then replaced him with an unproven Joe White.

Any fee we would have got for MJ last January would have been nominal so I just can't see how money was the determining factor in letting him leave like the Nombe situation in the summer.

I can't see what MJ brings to the team and how he would get on the pitch as Aitchison is a better all round player and Reece Cole would be above MJ in the pecking order in the more advanced midfielder role so would be a complete waste of wages to bring him in when the plan is to build on what we've done in the second half of this season.

Average Joe

I can't see what MJ brings to the team and how he would get on the pitch as Aitchison is a better all round player and Reece Cole would be above MJ in the pecking order in the more advanced midfielder role so would be a complete waste of wages to bring him in when the plan is to build on what we've done in the second half of this season.
MJ Had one good season with us, he's proved his not a league one player. I'd take him on a squad filler for cup games but nothing more.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
MJ Had one good season with us, he's proved his not a league one player. I'd take him on a squad filler for cup games but nothing more.
Two good seasons, but otherwise, agreed.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did a good job for us but hard to see how he'd get in the matchday squad nowadays let alone be a "starter". Surely we need to focus on our existing players including Richards and Borges for any attaching midfield squad roles.

StudentGrecian

Behave... He started 3 games in our first 23 in League One and got 1 assist and no goals. Neither Manager rated him that highly and he was limited to a few minutes from the bench most games.

He got two more starts in the last 3 he was with us, but looking back they were probably a farewell that GC likes to give club servants.

Average Joe

It's very rare I like to resign players. We are moving forward under GC, singing ex players like MJ is a step back.

1 goal in 32 this season, MJ should be lucky to get into another league two squad let alone a league one team.

Grecian Max

MJ's back home and remembered his exeweb password

Grecian Max

Two good seasons, but otherwise, agreed.
I'd argue 1 and a half

Fantastic in the covid season, then started the promotion season very strongly

The second half of 21/22 he was very poor and consistently underperforming, which is often obscured by his goal vs Barrow

Because of that I wasn't surprised MT wasn't convinced about MJ at League One level - and he was always a big fan