• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Missed opportunity

JRFowler

I see Matt tubs has signed for Portsmouth on a Free!

http://www.teamtalk.com/league-two/9636485/Pompey-swoop-for-Tubbs

Missed an opportunity there!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder how much a week he is getting.

GrecianWonder

How do you know we didn't offer anything? It's amazing people approach everything with a negativity towards the club.

JRFowler

How do you know we didn't offer anything? It's amazing people approach everything with a negativity towards the club.
Hold your horses I'm no hater. I know exeweb is full of them, I was merely pointing out he was a free agent surprisingly!!

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm pretty sure that when he was at Wimbledon they were paying half his wages. That still was about £2.5k/£3k.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Because Tisdale said we don't approach players, they approach us.

Probably the most ridiculous thing he has ever said but as usual no one seems bothered by the apathy and his reluctance to do his job properly.

Red Monster

I see Matt tubs has signed for Portsmouth on a Free!

http://www.teamtalk.com/league-two/9636485/Pompey-swoop-for-Tubbs

Missed an opportunity there!!
AFC supposedly offered him a record club deal to sign for them and it looks like Pompey trumped that.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Word on the street is that Portsmouth are paying £5K per week for him.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Incidentally, the AFC Wimbledon wages (G O'G pretty much spot on from what I've heard of how much contribution to wages they paid) were covered by a wealthy benefactor rather than the club themselves.

The article clearly states that Portsmouth were delighted that he chose to sign for them as he had received other offers. So, my initial thought was that one of those could well have been us.

Perhaps careful reading of the article before posting it, would have been a wise move.

Last edited: