• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mike Blackstone - RIP

David Treharne

Difficult to add much to what has already been said. However, like many things when the Trust took over the Club the programme was in danger of extinction and Mike worked hard to find new printers and to reduce costs where ever possible. he was selfless in support of the Club. I talked to a couple of Directors last night about some sort of memorial, perhaps related to "The Fisher Clock" which I'm assured is about to be removed, repaired and re-sited. A stalwart of the Club in its many guises.

NorthDevon56

I’ve just seen via Facebook that Mike Blackstone long time City programme editor and northern exile has sadly passed away.

The programmes Mike edited for years were streets ahead of many other clubs and he rightly won umpteen awards for his work.

RIP Mike.
Hi I am mike Blackstone sister. Thank you for your kind words

NorthDevon56

Difficult to add much to what has already been said. However, like many things when the Trust took over the Club the programme was in danger of extinction and Mike worked hard to find new printers and to reduce costs where ever possible. he was selfless in support of the Club. I talked to a couple of Directors last night about some sort of memorial, perhaps related to "The Fisher Clock" which I'm assured is about to be removed, repaired and re-sited. A stalwart of the Club in its many guises.
Hi I am mike Blackstone sister thank you for your kinda words

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hello, I hope you and your family are OK going through this difficult time. Not all of us knew Mike personally but his work on the programme was immense and getting awards for it year after year just showed how good it was and it was a go to thing when you walked up to and into SJP, Such a good read. I did not know him per say but did message him on here a couple of times for help with a ECFC fact, He was a font of knowledge and always took time source the information i needed and for that i was very grateful.

I hope even after your loss that you and your family will find some sort of comfort that he was so well liked and well thought of and we all appreciated the work he did for ECFC and the Match Day programme.

Squeezebox

Hi I am mike Blackstone sister thank you for your kinda words
I only live about 20 miles from where Mike lived in Heysham and used to bump into him quite regularly - we called ourselves the "MBE's" (Morecambe Bay Exiles!). I have asked if it would be possible to know the funeral arrangements, which I guess will be up this way, as I would very much like to pay my respects. Sincere condolences to all your family and his friends. Brian.