• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mickey Mouse lives!

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
In fairness Steve Maclean is looking for a great escape isn't he?

He is a poor buy in most Argos fans eyes. I'm personally amazed Fallon plays.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Come on you two, never mind us, what an embarrassment that is.

Saying that, this is aimed well and truly at one poster in particular.

Brain Cell, what have you got to say?

Don't mention crowds, don't mention our ground, just tell me, can this joke really be called Pride of Devon <titter>.
Afternoon Ian

The statement by Paul Morrish was naive to say the least, and I said as much in the WoWS thread at the time. Of course my post was ignored as I'm not part of the Exeweb 'clique' but Phil Sayers subsequently said the same thing and they mostly agreed with him.

Flybe got invovled with the club when it was arguably at it's lowest ebb - post-relegation and prior to the Man Utd payday. To be honest, I was always quite surprised that they wanted to get involved but delighted that they were, and still are.

It seems Morrish was instigating a 'Dutch auction' by raising the rate of the sponsorship above what Flybe were prepared to pay but of course being willing to accept less. A very foolish thing to do so publicly and he has had to apologize and is left with major egg on his face.

I don't know Paul Morrish but I understand that he has done more than anybody to rescue the club from impending financial doom and make it the trust owned League club that it is today. Hopefully Flybe will accept the apology and this won't hurt our long-term relationship with them

So there you are.

Now about these Japenese investors of yours......?

Last edited:

DB9

Afternoon Ian

The statement by Paul Morrish was naive to say the least, and I said as much in the WoWS thread at the time. Of course my post was ignored as I'm not part of the Exeweb 'clique' but Phil Sayers subsequently said the same thing and they mostly agreed with him.

Flybe got invovled with the club when it was arguably at it's lowest ebb - post-relegation and prior to the Man Utd payday. To be honest, I was always quite surprised that they wanted to get involved but delighted that they were, and still are.

It seems Morrish was instigating a 'Dutch auction' by raising the rate of the sponsorship above what Flybe were prepared to pay but of course being willing to accept less. A very foolish thing to do so publicly and he has had to apologize and is left with major egg on his face.

I don't know Paul Morrish but I understand that he has done more than anybody to rescue the club from impending financial doom and make it the trust owned League club that it is today. Hopefully Flybe will accept the apology and this won't hurt our long-term relationship with them

So there you are.

Now about these Japenese investors of yours......?
Nicely said Globe, Egg on his face and will have to do a bit of brown nosing but hopefully this wont put Flybe off, Best sponsors we've had by miles

IJN

In fairness Steve Maclean is looking for a great escape isn't he?

He is a poor buy in most Argos fans eyes. I'm personally amazed Fallon plays.
I think McClean has turned a signifigant corner and is now playing well.

Fallon is like an Antipodean Trigger, I'm not quite show how it works, but it has been recently.

He's off form now, so that might change for a few games.

Mackie's taken a dip as well, as he's nowhere near the player that Noone is.

To me, Luggy will always be a genius, he gets average players playing way beyond themselves, and he seems to do it time and time again.

I think he and Johnson are the two 'cleverest' Managers in the CCC, I really do.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You've had my answer, Ian, so tell me:

Are Argle now.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mXPUkrz7Uow

???

STURTZ

To me, Luggy will always be a genius, he gets average players playing way beyond themselves, and he seems to do it time and time again.

I think he and Johnson are the two 'cleverest' Managers in the CCC, I really do.
Oh dear, Porkie admitting that Sturrock has taken plymouth beyond where they can possibly hope to be and is doing well just by keeping them there. I know many more Greenies that are sick of the lack of ambition shown by their board. Hence the falling attendances and the inevitable eventual sinking of the good ship Mayflower.

Braved it out last year and gone for glory and you'd have £30 million in the bank and be having the times of your life this season. Not booing off the sad and dishevelled players after losing at home to sorry Blackpool.

Fewer on the gate next time and deeper into the red for your lot, what a shame you can't sell Gallagher!

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh dear, Porkie admitting that Sturrock has taken plymouth beyond where they can possibly hope to be and is doing well just by keeping them there. I know many more Greenies that are sick of the lack of ambition shown by their board. Hence the falling attendances and the inevitable eventual sinking of the good ship Mayflower.

Braved it out last year and gone for glory and you'd have £30 million in the bank and be having the times of your life this season. Not booing off the sad and dishevelled players after losing at home to sorry Blackpool.

Fewer on the gate next time and deeper into the red for your lot, what a shame you can't sell Gallagher!
Well said.

It's going to be painfull for the Green Army to visit the Emirates and sit there thinking "If only...."

IJN

"Sorry Blackpool" Squirtz.

How you would love to be where they are.

Bitter and twisted as ever.

Blackpool out fought us, end of story, a good club with great tradition and they deserved the 3 points.

As for some of the morons that want someone to put in £20 million, yeah right!!

elginCity

Porkus will espouse forever about Sluggy, but he's never drawn on anything to do with the Board. Schtum. Nada.

S'funny that for someone so keen to share his opinion on so many other subjects.

IJN

It's going to be painfull for the Green Army to visit the Emirates and sit there thinking "If only...."
That has got to be your zenith Globey.