• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Meanwhile.....

jmgull

The chipnickers make light of, by far, the hardest draw of the 3 of us:D

At least it's nice to see that you two are joining us in the draw for the 2nd round for a change;)

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
:D

Hat;s off to you guys! Great win. Still in the hat though...

Phil Sayers

Yep well done to the Gulls. Reckon you have a decent shot at the play-offs as well.

Also all set up to humiliate the Gargs.

"Yellow, yellow, yellow....."

jmgull

Yep well done to the Gulls. Reckon you have a decent shot at the play-offs as well.

Also all set up to humiliate the Gargs.

"Yellow, yellow, yellow....."
Can't really get my head around being very strong favourites to beat them next sat - we're used to and happy being the underdogs;)

Having said that O'kane and Howe in particular, are really "on it" at the moment - not sure the gargs have got enough to stop us playing - its a derby though and they're rarely one sided.

LammieLammieLammie

Mate, you must be MASSIVELY looking forward to it... it's set up nicely..

jmgull

Mate, you must be MASSIVELY looking forward to it... it's set up nicely..
:D

More than your average garg fan i reckon;)

Phil Sayers

I'm thinking but I can't recall a time the Gulls have ever beaten the Gargs in a competitive fixture - however my memory doesn't go that far back at all so has it ever happened?

If not then you'll never get a better chance. You can beat L1 teams away while they can't beat Evostick teams at home....

jmgull

I'm thinking but I can't recall a time the Gulls have ever beaten the Gargs in a competitive fixture - however my memory doesn't go that far back at all so has it ever happened?

If not then you'll never get a better chance. You can beat L1 teams away while they can't beat Evostick teams at home....
We've beaten them many times Phil, reckon it aint happened since the late 60's early70's though?

Phil Sayers

I certainly can't recall it when we were all in the old Third Division back in the late 90s / early 2000s but I don't properly know about prior to that - the timeframe you mention does seem about right though as I would imagine competitive games were at a premium (and maybe non-existant?) between those spells.

I certainly wouldn't swear to it as well before my time but I think when we played them in the late 70s / early 80s and early 90s both times you were in the league below so I don't think you would have had many chances to beat them over the years.

col46upwood

We've beaten them many times Phil, reckon it aint happened since the late 60's early70's though?
We beat them when Hodges was our manager and Shilts was there.Unfortunately as the older I get the more my memory goes,cant remember if it was cup/league.But I do know is I WAS THERE.[y]