• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Max Smallcombe

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Are we protected if another club wanted to take Smallcombe off our hands? Would they have to make a normal tf offer, or would he still come under the eppp?
I assume the lovely EPPPPPP would come into play.

Are we protected if another club wanted to take Smallcombe off our hands? Would they have to make a normal tf offer, or would he still come under the eppp?
I assume the lovely EPPPPPP would come into play.
Firstly a big congratulations to Mr Smallcombe who sometimes seems to get overlooked because of young Ethan's massive potential and profile. From memory and from having a quick look at the EPPP again we would now be in a situation with Smallcombe where if he was to leave it would be for a 'proper' transfer fee as he is over 16 and has signed his first 'professional' contract with that being his paid Apprentice contract. The EPPP fixed Annual Transfer Fee's finish at 16 so I believe that is when the switch over is. If you look at the young 16 year old left back at Fulham Ryan Sessegnon (http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-to-keep-hold-of-ryan-sessegnon-despite-interest-from-arsenal-liverpool-manchester-city-and-a3333741.html & http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-liverpool-locked-transfer-battle-7762012) who they are talking about paying £3 million + for if he had of left before the end of the transfer window yesterday then that would be a good example of what I mean. Of course he could leave on a FREE if he decided to quit the club but we would retain his registration until he was 24 years old so any club signing him would have to pay us a fee if we pushed for it.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Cheers, so I presume ampadu can sign a deal at sixteen. If he doesn't we need to still have him on his 17th birthday?

Cheers, so I presume ampadu can sign a deal at sixteen. If he doesn't we need to still have him on his 17th birthday?
I believe at 16 years old you can sign a 'Professional' contract whether that is an Apprenticeship Contract like I think most of the young lads sign at 16 or a proper Full Time contact which I think is effectively an official 'Pre Contract' which comes into effect at 17 years old but which runs effectively as an 'Apprentice' contract until the 17th birthday if that makes sense? :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Max Started this afternoon in Wales U19s 2-1 defeat to Iceland.

Last edited:

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
From memory and from having a quick look at the EPPP again we would now be in a situation with Smallcombe where if he was to leave it would be for a 'proper' transfer fee as he is over 16 and has signed his first 'professional' contract with that being his paid Apprentice contract. The EPPP fixed Annual Transfer Fee's finish at 16 so I believe that is when the switch over is.
Do you have chapter and verse for this?The reason I ask is that Wikipedia (!) says that these (derisory) fixed fees apply for players under 18 (though strangely only provide compensation for time spent up to age 16)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Player_Performance_Plan

I've tried to track down the EPPP rules at source but have only found the usual self congratulatory guff about how EPPP is going to turn young England players into world beaters...

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Starts again for Wales u19s. Kick off us at 1pm against Iceland.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The game finished 0-0.

Do you have chapter and verse for this?The reason I ask is that Wikipedia (!) says that these (derisory) fixed fees apply for players under 18 (though strangely only provide compensation for time spent up to age 16)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Player_Performance_Plan

I've tried to track down the EPPP rules at source but have only found the usual self congratulatory guff about how EPPP is going to turn young England players into world beaters...
I have found this again which gives quite a bit of information https://www.goalreports.com/EPLPlan.pdf. I think basically a player can sign a Professional Contract at 16 years old but it doesn't kick in until 17/18. Certainly players of 16 can attract proper transfer fees now if they have signed a pro contract like the lad at Fulham and few others. :)