• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

Radio Free Skaro

Very much mid table looking at form guide for last 6 games.
Play offs next season, Premier League 2024/5, Europe 2025/6 .

tom_ecfc

Play offs next season, Premier League 2024/5, Europe 2025/6 .
Win the FA Cup next season and Europe comes in 2024/25! 😉

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
MT got what could end up being a crucial point at home to Vincent Kompany's already promoted Burnley last night.

Rotherham nearly over the line now.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
MT got what could end up being a crucial point at home to Vincent Kompany's already promoted Burnley last night.

Rotherham nearly over the line now.
Cracking job by KMT keeping them safe. The questions is now whether there's headroom to kick on next season, or whether he's signed up for an ongoing relegation battle.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cracking job by KMT keeping them safe. The questions is now whether there's headroom to kick on next season, or whether he's signed up for an ongoing relegation battle.
Probably not, Rotherham will always be underdogs at that level and I think just staying in that league is success in it's own right.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably not, Rotherham will always be underdogs at that level and I think just staying in that league is success in it's own right.
I think that is right.

KMT will need to hope that a club with more plentiful resources comes calling.

denzel

I saw an article the other day, Rotherham games see the least amount of ball in play in the top 4 leagues (might have been the top 2, I was skimming)
So KMT has turned them into Wycombe or Stevenage

denzel

Found it, it was in the Guardian

"In their home game with QPR the ball was in play for just 40 minutes and 16 seconds, making it the shortest match in the top two divisions this season. The second shortest was their visit to Birmingham. When they travelled to Watford they got their first yellow card for time wasting in the 30th minute.

"At Turf Moor Burnley scored twice in the 12 minutes stoppage time the referee awarded, to win 3-2. Taylor asked "were there any players booked for time wasting? The fact that no players were booked for time wasting suggests that the referee made up the number "......

Last edited:

budegrecian

Found it, it was in the Guardian

"In their home game with QPR the ball was in play for just 40 minutes and 16 seconds, making it the shortest match in the top two divisions this season. The second shortest was their visit to Birmingham. When they travelled to Watford they got their first yellow card for time wasting in the 30th minute.

"At Turf Moor Burnley scored twice in the 12 minutes stoppage time the referee awarded, to win 3-2. Taylor asked "were there any players booked for time wasting? The fact that no players were booked for time wasting suggests that the referee made up the number "......
Thanks for looking this out.
In fairness, the article starts: in their home game with QPR….Remind me, who manages them….

Memphis09

Relegation for them next season along with that team in green