• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor on the transfer window

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whatever happens in the future, the patience, skill and endurance of MT in bringing the young Stanno AND Harry Smith to SJP (seemingly the latter wasn't a walk in the park) shows fantastic managerial nous.

Grecian Max

Love that video, and love Matt Taylor. He pulled it off - our attacking options overnight have changed into what I think could challenge top half League 1.

Hopefully we can find a wide player, been looking through the free agents and there's not a lot to choose from 😅

iscalad

We must be planning for the next transfer window, safe in the knowledge we have a money from Joel (£250k), Pond (£500k) and the money from Ethan popping in. You never know there could be an Ollie Watkins move by that point. I will be on 'wallaby watch' in about 3 hours :)
Taggy said at the Senior Reds AGM that future planning starts as soon as someone is appointed/joins the club. eg Planning already for Matt's replacement.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Love that video, and love Matt Taylor. He pulled it off - our attacking options overnight have changed into what I think could challenge top half League 1.

Hopefully we can find a wide player, been looking through the free agents and there's not a lot to choose from 😅
Jay can play wide

Squeezebox

What a great video - a million miles from yesterdays newspaper report and speculation about his frustration and moving on etc. Well done Marcus Flitcroft as well, obviously a top guy!

fred binneys head

I've got to say I do admire the club and the way they conduct their business. They've got cohunes the size of watermelons, they don't bow to fan pressure, they tell us straight, they have a consistent message and they really come across as a joined up and close team. And yet again they've delivered in a transfer window were we remain as electric eels in a sea full of great white sharks - of course our competition can eat us easily, but we can give them a shock every now and then.

Number13

We must be planning for the next transfer window, safe in the knowledge we have a money from Joel (£250k), Pond (£500k) and the money from Ethan popping in. You never know there could be an Ollie Watkins move by that point. I will be on 'wallaby watch' in about 3 hours :)
Joel? Randall kick back from Posh somehow?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we were in for Smith last season but missed out it kind of makes sense why we were so light up top up to Christmas. Good to see MT hasn't made the same mistake two seasons in a row (just!).

andrew p long

Note to self - do not play poker for money against MT. Nerves of steel!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Note to self - do not play poker for money against MT. Nerves of steel!
I shouted "Never play cards with that man" across the Doble stand on Saturday and he turned and smiled as did other Grecians nearby !